Did you know you are a letter of Christ; and that letter of Christ (which you are) can also be called a Book of Life? Did you also know that believers get a brand-new marker placed in their Book of Life (their scroll) during the Day of Atonement? Your new bookmark has to do with the cleansing of your soul.
The Feast of Passover marks the day of our personal atonement when the perfect Lamb of God was sacrificed in our place (Hebrews 4:16; Hebrews 6:13-20; Hebrews 10:19-22; Hebrews 12:24). The Day of Atonement (Yom Kippur) is the day of cleansing for God’s nation and for His sanctuary. Or in other words, today the Day of Atonement is all about corporate atonement for the Body of Christ as well as the cleansing of our own personal souls.
If we believe that Scripture is the inspired Word of God, we need to consider that the Day of Atonement is a permanent statute (i.e., it never goes away): “For it is on this day that atonement shall be made for you to cleanse you; and you shall be clean from all your sins before the Lord. It is to be a sabbath of solemn rest for you, THAT YOU MAY HUMBLE YOUR SOULS; IT IS A PERMANENT STATUTE” (Leviticus 16:30-31).
According to Scripture, forty days of preparation (40 days of repentance – teshuvah) are supposed to lead up the Day of Atonement. The final ten days of the 40-days of teshuvah are known as the High Holy Days and as the Awesome Days. (i.e., The Days of Awe). These 40-days of teshuvah are a period of consecrated time when we reflect on our walk with God and condition of our heart.
There is still great significance to the Day of Atonement, even after we accept that Jesus Christ died for our sins and our Heavenly Father rose Him from the dead. Our souls are complex. Ask any psychiatrist. There are multiple dimensions within each one of us. If you and I fulfill the Day of Atonement picture once a year, we will consecrate or cleanse more and more dimensions of our soul until one day we become exactly like the High Priest of the Order of Melchizedek.
Know that the Head of the Body of Christ – Yeshua – completely fulfilled the Day of Atonement as detailed in Hebrew chapters 9-10. If we are the Body… If we want to walk like Jesus, talk like Jesus, and be just like Jesus, we will actually fulfill the audio-visual pictures portrayed in this feast too.
One of the pictures portrayed in Yom Kippur is that once a year the High Priest was face to face with the mercy seat of God. The mercy seat can also be translated as the seat of atonement. This is the place where Moses met God and spoke with Him face to face: “And when Moses was gone into the Tabernacle of the Congregation to speak with Him, then he heard the Voice of One speaking unto him from off the mercy seat that was upon the Ark of Testimony, from between the two cherubim; and he spake unto him” (Numbers 7:89). Do you want to hear the “Voice of One” speaking to you from off the mercy seat? Your soul will have to come face to face with the hottest blue flame that sits above the Mercy Seat.
Unlike other days, the High Priest had to bath his entire body before going into the Holy of Holies. Other occasions only required that he wash his hands and feet. Why the greater cleansing? For the first earthly High Priest – Aaron – this meant he had to be absolutely clean in order to make atonement on behalf of the people. For Yeshua, it meant that He was absolutely clean, perfect, and without sin when He made atonement by sacrificing His Body on a tree. For believers in Yeshua, it means that we are washed by the regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit as well as washed by the water of the Word of God, as we humbly approach God (Ephesians 5:26-27; Titus 3:5).
I see this as being sanctified entirely – body, soul and spirit: “Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you entirely; and may your spirit and soul and body be preserved complete, without blame at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.” (1 Thessalonians 5:23 NASB).
This is confirmed by the various “threes” portrayed in Yom Kippur.
• Scripture says three times: “And this shall be to you a law for all times: In the seventh month, on the tenth day of the month you shall practice self-denial” (Leviticus 16:29; Leviticus 23:27; Numbers 29:7).
• On the Day of Atonement, the High Priest appeared before the people three times and recited a confession before them. The first confession the people heard was for the High Priest’s own sins and those of his household. The second confession was for the priestly Tribe of Levi (i.e. the priesthood of God). The third confession was for the sins of all the people.
• The High Priest publically recited God’s Most Holy Name – YHVH – three times only on this day.
• During each confession, when the High Priest reached the recitation of the Name, all the people present would prostrate themselves and say out loud: “Baruch shem K’vod malchuto l’olam va’ed,” which means “Blessed be the Name of the radiance of the Kingship, forever and beyond.”
• The High Priest entered the Holy of Holies three times on the Day of Atonement. BTW – He had to be literally transformed to be the same frequency as the veil to enter into the Holy of Holies, because there was no door.
The triple entry into the Holy of Holies, triple recitation of The Name, and the triple prostration of all of the people permitted God’s people to begin afresh. Within is the seed for the restoration of all things when the Mature Head of Christ is attached to His Mature Body. All who are joined in Christ by the perfect bond of love will literally live and move and have their being in the One who was slain before the foundation of the world.
Jews believe that the Gates of Heaven are open during the Days of Teshuvah to receive the prayers for forgiveness and repentance, then they close after the final service of Yom Kippur. You will commonly hear that the Gates of Heaven are open on the Feast of Trumpets to let the righteous into heaven, and they remain open until the neilah (closing) service of Yom Kippur.
Since Yeshua’s death, burial and resurrection, the Gates of Heaven are always open to receive prayers of forgiveness and repentance; but do not minimize the importance of this Awesome Day. There is a special grace available to all of God’s people for one day a year. There is a special grace on the Day of Atonement that allows humble people to progressively cleanse of their soul with the ultimate purpose of creating a Bridal Soul within you and me. This is the preeminent goal of all offerings by fire:
“On exactly the tenth day of this seventh month is THE DAY OF ATONEMENT; IT SHALL BE A HOLY CONVOCATION FOR YOU, AND YOU SHALL HUMBLE YOUR SOULS AND PRESENT AN OFFERING BY FIRE TO THE LORD” (Leviticus 23:27 NASB).
“It is to be a SABBATH OF COMPLETE REST TO YOU, and you shall HUMBLE YOUR SOULS; on the ninth of the month at evening, from evening until evening you shall keep your sabbath” (Leviticus 23:32 NASB).
“Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and YOU WILL FIND REST FOR YOUR SOULS. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light” (Matthew 11:28-30 NASB).
Hear the Great Trump!
Let a new and more perfect bookmark be inscribed on Your Book of Life. Let us all press on toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus (Philippians 3:14). Let there be a greater cleansing for the pure and spotless Bride of Christ.
Written September 22, 2015 – Sapphire Throne Ministries – Robin Main. Copyrighted – If you are going to copy this, please copy it right by giving attributions to this source. Blessings!
Originally published => https://www.facebook.com/SapphireThroneMinistries/photos/pb.436004819805351.-2207520000.1443358932./962370287168799/?type=3&theater
• Ascension Manual book => https://www.amazon.com/dp/0578188511
• Understanding the Order of Melchizedek: Complete Series book => https://www.amazon.com/Understanding-Order-Melchizedek-Robin-Main/dp/0998598240/
• MEL GEL Study Guide book => https://www.amazon.com/dp/0578188538/
• MEL GEL Study Guide: Volume 2 book => https://www.amazon.com/dp/0998598232/
• Set of Hebrew Living Letter Flash Cards => https://www.sapphirethroneministries.com/flashcards
• Blazing New Wine of Hanukkah: Bridal Restoration of DNA book => https://www.amazon.com/Blazing-New-Wine-Hanukkah-Understanding-ebook/dp/B010MHNZMK/
• SANTA-TIZING: What’s wrong with Christmas and how to clean it up book => https://www.amazon.com/SANTA-TIZING-Whats-wrong-Christmas-clean/dp/1607911159/ was written to fulfill a vow made to Yeshua’s face to tell the Christian Church that “Christmas will be the Golden Calf of America.” It took 10 years of full-time research, a golden scribe angel and the Spirit’s leading to unearthing His Truth in the sands of time. It covers every argument that you have ever heard about Christmas.
ART: Shofar Blast by Yitzchok Moully