Miriam was 126 years old when she went home to be with the Lord on the 10th of Nisan of the Hebrew year 2487, which was 39 years after the Exodus and exactly one year before the Children of Israel entered the Promise Land. Miriam, Aaron and Moses all died within twelve months of each other.
It is in remembrance of Miriam’s passing that the “Great Shabbat” before Passover is celebrated rather than on the actual date that she crossed over to the other side. It is interesting that the Great Sabbath (i.e., Shabbat HaGadol: שבת הגדול) honors the time when the first generation of Miriam, Moses, Aaron and Company set aside the lamb in Egypt for the Passover Sacrifice (i.e., Korban Pesach: קרבן פסח).
Once the Israelites erected a Temple in Jerusalem, it was the custom for God’s people to obtain their Passover Lamb four days before Passover to ensure that their lambs were indeed without spot or blemish (Exodus 12:5). These four days also allowed each family to become attached to their sacrificial lamb. They would get to experience how sweet, innocent, and lovable the little creature truly was, which caused “a lamb” (Exo. 12:3) to become “your lamb” (Exo. 12:5).
Significantly, the Passover Lamb for all families was referred to as a singular lamb – The Lamb of God: “Your lamb [singular] shall be an unblemished male a year old; you may take it [singular] from the sheep or from the goats. You shall keep it [singular] until the fourteenth day of the same month, then the whole assembly of the congregation of Israel is to kill it [singular – oto: אתוֹ]at twilight” (Exodus 12:5-6 NASB). Notice when Exodus 12:6 speaks of killing it/him, it is the Hebrew word “oto,” which can be translated as the First and the Last, or the ALEF-TAV (את) combined with the Hebrew Living Letter VAV(ו). VAV not only signifies a connection between heaven and earth, but in the oto combination directly ties the VAV heaven to earth connection to the Son of Man who is the First and the Last, who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty (Rev. 1:8).
Shabbat HaGadol not only foreshadowed the “Lamb of God” (שׂה האלהים) sacrifice of Yeshua on the Cross that took/takes away the sins of the world (John 1:29), but it also commemorates Miriam’s passing over to the other side. When Miriam died, something astonishing happened. Miriam’s well suddenly dried up. The rolling rock from which the living water flowed kept on rolling and disappeared amongst the other rocks of the desert. (Please refer to https://sapphirethroneministries.wordpress.com/2021/03/17/miriams-well/.) Now God’s people knew that the spiritual rock with the spiritual drink in the Wilderness were for sure connected to Miriam, just like Messiah Yeshua (Jesus Christ) was connected to his earthly mother Mary (Mariam in Hebrew).
Give em heaven!!!
Written March 23, 2021 – Sapphire Throne Ministries – Robin Main. Copyrighted – If you are going to copy this, please copy it right by giving attributions to this source. Blessings!
• SAVIOR OF ISRAEL – MIRIAM => https://sapphirethroneministries.wordpress.com/2021/01/02/savior-of-israel-miriam/
• CALEB’S WIFE – MIRIAM => https://sapphirethroneministries.wordpress.com/2021/01/03/calebs-wife-miriam/
• GOD’S RESTING PLACE – MIRIAM => https://sapphirethroneministries.wordpress.com/2021/01/04/gods-resting-place-miriam/
• MIRIAM’S WELL => https://sapphirethroneministries.wordpress.com/2021/03/17/miriams-well/
• MIRIAM & THE GREAT SHABBAT => https://sapphirethroneministries.wordpress.com/2021/03/23/miriam-the-great-shabbat/
* Ascension Manual book => https://www.amazon.com/dp/0578188511
* Understanding the Order of Melchizedek book => https://www.amazon.com/Understanding-Order-Melchizedek-Robin-Main/dp/0998598240/
* MEL GEL Study Guide book => https://www.amazon.com/dp/0578188538/
* MEL GEL Study Guide: Volume 2 book => https://www.amazon.com/dp/0998598232/
* Set of Hebrew Living Letter Flash Cards => https://www.sapphirethroneministries.com/product-page/flash-cards
* SANTA-TIZING: What’s wrong with Christmas and how to clean it up book => https://www.amazon.com/SANTA-TIZING-Whats-wrong-Christmas-clean/dp/1607911159/