“Come hither, I will show thee the Bride, the Lamb’s wife” (Rev 21:9). Notice the holy city coming down out from God out of heaven – the New Jerusalem – is also referred to as the Lamb’s wife as well as the Bride in verse 9. There are several concepts in Revelation chapter 21 connected to the Bride, the Lamb’s wife:
• A new heaven and a new earth appears because the first heaven and first earth passed away (Rev 21:1).
• The New Jerusalem is the holy city coming down from God out of heaven prepared as a Bride adorned for her husband (Rev 21:2)
• The New Jerusalem is the Tabernacle of God with men where He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people (Rev 21:3).
• The One who sits upon the Throne declares: Behold, I make all things new (Rev 21:5).
• The beginning and end [i.e., the Almighty] will give of the fountain of the water of life freely to those who thirst [for righteousness] (Rev 21:6)
• The Bride is made up of sons who are overcomers. These are the ones who shall inherit all things (Rev 21:7).
Let’s look at this last point a little deeper. Sons of the Living God who are led by the Spirit of God make up the Lamb’s Wife, His Bride (Rom 8:14; Rev 21:7). When a Corporate Ascension Group I belonged to for 4 years kept on receiving divine encounters about the Order of Melchizedek and the Bride of Christ almost simultaneously, I dug-in to seek Him. I asked the Lord things like: Is the Bride and the Order of Melchizedek the same? How does this work? After months of sincerely seeking Him, I receive a one-liner: “The Order of Melchizedek precedes [prepares] the Bride.” That, plus some biblical research and some more divine encounters, is why you will hear me say these days that the kings and priests of the Order of Melchizedek must prepare their own inner fire bride.
Christianity at large has been misled. Many believe that the entire church is the Bride of Christ, which they pull from Ephesians 5:25-27; but this is simply not the case. Notice that it is only the glorious church who has allowed Christ to sanctify and cleanse them with the washing of water by the word that He will present to Himself. Everyone who has accepted the precious gift of Yeshua’s death, burial and resurrection are called to become part of Christ’s glorious church. All who accept Christ’s gift of salvation are called, but few chose to do what it takes to become part of His Bride. “For many are called, but few are chosen” (Matt 22:14).
~ Robin Main