Woe to us. Woe to God’s people. We have made idols of men/women and ministries. This is the day when God is shaking anything that can be shaken, so the kingdom that cannot be shaken may be revealed, become preeminent and remain steadfast forever. The church’s celebrity culture is one of those rickety things. We have lifted-up charismatic, gifted people rather than the Messiah Himself.
Michael Scott Sr. puts it this way: “Gifting, looks, and charisma in a person who is ALSO devoid of character, integrity and righteousness is NOT someone to run after in ministry or life in general but is someone that shouldn’t have much influence in your life. Stop being infatuated with smoke and mirrors over substance. It speaks of immaturity and insecurities in control. It’s time to grow up and see what’s best for ourselves as the people of God.”
I love Michael Scott Sr.’s wonderful wisdom. However, let take it even further. Yeshua said, “When you have lifted up the Son of Man, then you will understand that I am He, and I do nothing of My own accord’ but as My Father has taught Me, so I speak just like Him” (John 8:28 Lamsa’s Aramaic).
Yeshua didn’t say follow this guy or that guy. Yeshua said:
- “FOLLOW ME, and I will make you become fishers of men” (Mark 1:17 NKJV).
- “When He had called the people to Himself, with His disciples also, He said to them. ‘Whoever desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross and FOLLOW ME’” (Mark 8:34 NKJV).
- “I am the Good Shepherd; and I know My sheep, and am known by My own. As the Father knows Me, even so I know the Father; and I lay down My life for the sheep. … My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they FOLLOW ME” (John 10:14-15,27 NKJV).
I am not surprised when I see ministers who have been lifted up on a pedestal that are using and abusing people. It hurts my heart and grieves my spirit, but it doesn’t surprise me. Many moons ago, the Lord showed me that one of the biggest problems in His church is people celebrating and lifting up men and their ministries rather than Christ crucified, buried and risen. The Lord further instructed me to not let anyone put me on a pedestal. How do I do that? I try to simply focus on the One who loves me (and I so love) before I focus on other people made in His image who are greatly loved.
As a shepherd myself, I have noticed that even though each sheep seems to have their own personalities and each seem to have a best friend, they also all get along as part of one flock. One sheep is not lifted above another, because they have the softest wool, or the loudest baa, or whatever. All the sheep are the sheep of the Great Shepherd’s pasture who are gently led to green pastures and quiet waters.
It’s a good thing that the true character of the celebrities in the church is being revealed, because it’s always the truth that sets us free. Expect more unveiling of the true substance of things and people. Just remember that your faith is not based on a man, woman or ministries, but on God Himself.
Give em heaven!!!
~ Robin Main
Copyright August 31, 2019 – Sapphire Throne Ministries – Robin Main
• Ascension Manual book => https://www.amazon.com/dp/0578188511
• Understanding the Order of Melchizedek: Complete Series book => https://www.amazon.com/Understanding-Order-Melchizedek-Robin-Main/dp/0998598240/
• MEL GEL Study Guide book => https://www.amazon.com/dp/0578188538/
• MEL GEL Study Guide: Volume 2 book => https://www.amazon.com/dp/0998598232/
• Set of Hebrew Living Letter Flash Cards => https://www.sapphirethroneministries.com/flashcards
• Blazing New Wine of Hanukkah: Bridal Restoration of DNA book => https://www.amazon.com/Blazing-New-Wine-Hanukkah-Understanding-ebook/dp/B010MHNZMK/
• SANTA-TIZING: What’s wrong with Christmas and how to clean it up book => https://www.amazon.com/SANTA-TIZING-Whats-wrong-Christmas-clean/dp/1607911159/