Once Abram victoriously conquered the Babylonian Kings in Genesis 14, the King of Sodom went out to meet him at the Kings’ Valley (the valley of Shaveh). He then escorted Abram to the city of Salem , i.e., ancient Jerusalem, where they were met by its king – Melchizedek.
The Jewish Sages identify this Melchizedek as Shem, the righteous son of Noah. Initially, I dismissed Shem being Melchizedek, because I was taught that Melchizedek had some distinct qualities that I had assumed Shem did not have. Most notably, Hebrews 7:3 tells us that Melchizedek had no mother, no father, no beginning of time, and no end of time; and in my limited mindset I reasoned that Shem had all of these because he was a man on this earth. Note: The basis of the priesthood of Melchizedek is everlasting life (Hebrews 7:16).
When the Holy Spirit prompted me to reexamine what I believed, I was amazed at what was revealed. First of all, the Hebrews probably would have kept the best track of their own history. Why was Shem identified with Melchizedek? Just like Nimrod is identified with King Amraphel,* so is Shem recognized as Melchizedek. When people are associated with different names, each name signifies a different part of their nature.
Scripture appears to be silent about many facts about Melchizedek when, in fact, there are many keys to unlock the heaven-on-earth reality of the Order of Melchizedek that are hidden and encoded in Scripture, which are now being unveiled by His spirit of revelation and understanding.
Please note that Yeshua is not Melchizedek, but the High Priest of the Order of Melchizedek. How do I know this? I had a third-heaven experience with both Yeshua and Melchizedek on January 19, 2012. As I was preparing for a time of deliverance for a pastor who had an Assignment of Death against him, I was soaking in His Presence in a bubbling eddy of the River of Life when all of sudden Yeshua pulled me down to the bottom. There He opened a golden door. We entered this long hallway with unusual portraits of military personnel on the wall. A regal gentleman came up to us. He had on a golden breastplate of the priesthood of the Order of Melchizedek with triple concentric circles. I saw the label “General,” as a nameplate on the upper left side of his golden breastplate and it had five stars under it. Yeshua personally introduced me to His highest general of the Melchizedek Order – Shem. He was extremely handsome and eternally young, yet his hair had a touch of gray, as a symbol of his wisdom. Yeshua, Shem and I talked very casually for a while when Yeshua announced that they were both going to commission me into the Order of Melchizedek. They both placed a golden triple concentric circle gem-encrusted breastplate on me. It was just like Shem’s, except under the nameplate “General” was one star. Then Yeshua placed His hand on my heart and Shem placed his hand over Yeshua’s hand to impart to me and commission me into the Eternal Royal Order of Melchizedek. Already overwhelmed at this wonderful surprise, Yeshua started giving me other gifts, including a golden shepherd’s staff.
Please note a couple things. The purpose of the Order of Melchizedek is to minister to God, and primarily flows from heaven to earth out of that reality. Only the King of Kings Himself can commission those in this royal priesthood, which is a military order. Yeshua is the pattern we have of those in the Order of Melchizedek because Melchizedek is made like unto the Son of God (Hebrews 7:3). Due to the priesthood of Melchizedek being based on everlasting life, it is the only legal voice in the universe, besides God Himself, that can overcome an Assignment of Death, which is a spirit of death released that will manifest in a person’s death if not nullified.
Shem being Melchizedek of Genesis 14 fame makes sense on several levels. Shem was known as the righteous son of Noah; therefore, it’s not much of a stretch to believe he could have been called a King of Righteousness. Just as the Messiah can sit on the Throne of David, He can be High Priest of the Order of Melchizedek. Especially when we consider that Shem led the overthrow of the apostate world ruler of his time (Nimrod), we can extrapolate that Shem easily could have been exalted to such a status himself. Even though Shem was Abraham’s great-great-great-great-great-great-great-grandfather, the priesthood of Melchizedek is earned, not inherited. Don’t get me wrong, just as Abraham believed and was counted righteous, so did Melchizedek. In fact, Melchizedek must have epitomized a priesthood of believers who draw near to God with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith (Hebrews 10:22), else he would not have been considered righteous.
~ Robin Main
Originally published on February 20, 2014 via FB => https://www.facebook.com/SapphireThroneMinistries/photos/pb.436004819805351.-2207520000.1393333937./635135893225575/?type=3&theater
* King of Elam is identified as Shem’s son. Although Chedorlaomer was the leader of the Babylonian alliance,the king of Shinar – Amraphel – is mentioned first in the Bible (Gen 14:1), because he was the senior king of the four. Significantly, the Jewish Sages identify Amraphel as Nimrod. The Jewish Encyclopedia shares: “Some say Amraphel was his real name, and he was called Nimrod – ‘the chief rebel’ as leader of the tower-builders, ‘who led the world rebellion’ against heaven’s Ruler. Others say Nimrod was his real name, and he was called Amraphel as the one who commanded them to cast Abraham into the fire [Robin’s note: Fantastic story about Abram miraculously surviving being thrown in a fiery furnace by Nimrod long before Shadrach, Meshach and Abedigo].” One of the etymologies for the name Amraphel is explained as that of one whose “command brought darkness [destruction] on the world.” Abraham was thrown into the furnace because he refused to accept the worship of idols. Today, we are called to the same stance – refusing to accept idol worship and rising up to the challenge of the kingdom of heaven, suffering violence in our own lives and taking it back by force.
Source: SANTA-TIZING: What’s wrong with Christmas and how to clean it up, Chapter 11 – I Thee Wed, pg. 243 –> http://www.amazon.com/SANTA-TIZING-Whats-wrong-Christmas-clean/dp/1607911159/
MORE RELATED RESOURCES:
- Understanding the Order of Melchizedek Series => http://www.sapphirethroneministries.com/resources.html
- MEL GEL Study Guide (Diving deeper into the Order of Melchizedek) => https://www.amazon.com/dp/0578188538/
- Melchizedek Arising video series => https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3tfAkAxVR1PKW9Gs1wdLpG2M7DM0r4pu
- Unlocking Melchizedek video series => https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3tfAkAxVR1MevP8Bd7npN8vUSDSuQDdY
Practical Keys to Unlocking Melchizedek and other booklets in the “Understanding the Order of Melchizedek” series are available both from the Sapphire Throne Ministries website and Amazon:
• STM Website: http://www.sapphirethroneministries.com/resources.html
• Amazon: PRACTICAL KEYS TO UNLOCKING MELCHIZEDEK => https://www.amazon.com/Practical-Keys-Unlocking-Melchizedek-Robin/dp/1634436903/
FYI: When you purchase STM resources, you are supporting the Lord’s work through Sapphire Throne Ministries. Just so you know, it’s cheaper to order directly from the STM Website due to exorbitant Amazon fees; however, STM books and Hebrew Living Letters Flash Cards are also available via Amazon. Give em heaven!!!