When the woman with the issue of blood reached out and touched Yeshua’s garment, she had the faith that He could heal her: “Suddenly, a woman came from behind Jesus and touched the tassel of His prayer shawl for healing. She had been suffering from continual bleeding for twelve years, but had faith that Jesus could heal her. For she kept saying to herself, ‘If I could only touch his prayer shawl I would be healed.’ Just then Jesus turned around and looked at her and said, ‘My daughter, be encouraged. Your faith has healed you.’ And instantly she was healed [made whole]!” (Matthew 9:20-22 TPT).
A Hebrew prayer shawl is called a “tallit,” which is a large rectangular shawl ideally made of wool. The “tassel” of His tallit is the Hebrew word “tzitzit,” which means a “fringe” or “border.” In each of the four corners of the tallit, there are tzitzit strings tied in a particular pattern with a single strand of blue thread included. The sapphire blue thread on each tzitzit is known to specially represent remembering all His commandments:
“Speak to the children of Israel: Tell them to make tassels on the corners of their garments throughout their generations, and to PUT A BLUE THREAD IN THE TASSELS OF THE CORNERS. AND YOU SHALL HAVE THE TASSEL, THAT YOU MAY LOOK UPON IT AND REMEMBER ALL THE COMMANDMENTS OF THE LORD AND DO THEM, and that you may not follow the harlotry to which your own heart and your own eyes are inclined, and that you may remember and do all My commandments, and be holy for your God. I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, to be your God: I am the Lord your God” (Numbers 15:38-41 NKJV).
The tzitzit on the four corners of Yeshua’s prayer shawl are also known as kanaph (i.e., “wings”), which are connected to Malachi 4:2 “But to you who fear My Name the Sun of Righteousness shall arise with HEALING IN HIS WINGS.” This is what this determined woman was reaching for… healing in Yeshua’s wings. She reached out and touched the hem of the firstborn son, which traditionally carried the authority of the family.
Exile was the result of Adam and Eve’s disobedience and all their descendants after them. Living in exile means living in a perpetual state of disconnectedness. There are four aspects to exile in a Hebrew mindset: spiritual, emotional, relational, and physical. This desperate bleeding woman had been living in exile on all four levels. She had no physical contact with family and friends, could not publicly worship in the temple, was isolated and alone, and lived in a perpetual state of physical pain.
Imagine not being touched by family or friends for twelve years. Imagine living in a perpetual outcast state due to being excluded from the social and spiritual life of your community. Imagine the pain physically, mentally, and emotionally. Then realize that the woman with the issue of blood had nothing to lose, so she took a humongous risk. Please notice that her reward was outta-this world! She was instantly healed and made whole, and she knew it!
What an incredible prophetic picture for the Bride of Christ in this woman finding her fourfold healing by touching one of the four corners of Jesus’ garment; and thus, becoming an incredible example of the Messianic Redemption. Know that the promise of redemption from exile is connected to the number four. At the Passover Seder, there are four cups of wine that correspond to the four aspects of redemption. Also, know that according to Kehati Mishnah Tractate Ketubot 4.9, healing is a part of the maintenance a husband owes his wife, in exchange for her acting the part of a wife.
Recall that the specific instructions given about the tzitzit in Numbers 15:38-41 include:
- remembering and doing ALL His commandments (emphasized twice),
- not be a harlot following your own eyes and heart, and
- being holy.
These are basically the same instructions given to God’s people on Mount Sinai. “I am the Lord your God, who brought you out from the land of Egypt to be your God; I am the LORD your God” (Numbers 15:41 NASB).
When we combine this Messianic Healing of the Issue of Blood with God’s Marriage Contract (i.e., Kebubah) given to the entire nation at Mount Sinai on the shattered sapphire cubes (and second set of sapphire tablets), we see a deeper mystery to the sapphire blue bound tzitzit, which always points us back to the holy and intimate martial relationship God desires with each one of us made in His image (Genesis 1:26). It’s not a coincidence that a Hebrew Wedding Canopy – a chuppah, huppah or chupah (חוּפָּה) – is a tallit, which the couple stands under during their wedding ceremony.
We will explore this subject more in our next Melchizedek Mentoring Class #7 – Place of Sapphires, which starts at 5:00 PM MDT (Denver, Colorado USA) on Monday, October 14, 2019. To register, go to https://www.sapphirethroneministries.com/events.html.
Give em heaven!!!
~ Robin Main
Written October 5, 2019 – Sapphire Throne Ministries – Robin Main. Copyrighted – If you are going to copy this, please copy it right by giving attributions to this source.
- CUBES OF SAPPHIRE => https://sapphirethroneministries.wordpress.com/2013/08/03/the-cubes-of-sapphire/
- QUANTUM PENTECOST LEAP => https://sapphirethroneministries.wordpress.com/2017/06/03/quantum-pentecost-leap/
- SHAVUOT MARRIAGE CONTRACT => https://sapphirethroneministries.wordpress.com/2017/06/03/shavuot-marriage-contract/
- CHOOSE THIS DAY: THE GOLDEN CALF OR HIS MARRIAGE CONTRACT => https://santatizing.wordpress.com/2016/12/17/choose-this-day-the-golden-calf-or-his-marriage-contract/
- QUANTUM LEAP IN THE PLACE OF SAPPHIRES => https://sapphirethroneministries.wordpress.com/2019/10/05/quantum-leap-in-the-place-of-sapphires/
• Ascension Manual book => https://www.amazon.com/dp/0578188511
• Understanding the Order of Melchizedek: Complete Series book => https://www.amazon.com/Understanding-Order-Melchizedek-Robin-Main/dp/0998598240/
• MEL GEL Study Guide book => https://www.amazon.com/dp/0578188538/
• MEL GEL Study Guide: Volume 2 book => https://www.amazon.com/dp/0998598232/
• Set of Hebrew Living Letter Flash Cards => https://www.sapphirethroneministries.com/flashcards
• Blazing New Wine of Hanukkah: Bridal Restoration of DNA book => https://www.amazon.com/Blazing-New-Wine-Hanukkah-Understanding-ebook/dp/B010MHNZMK/
• SANTA-TIZING: What’s wrong with Christmas and how to clean it up book => https://www.amazon.com/SANTA-TIZING-Whats-wrong-Christmas-clean/dp/1607911159/