The fifth letter of the Hebrew Alef-Bet is hei, which has a numerical value of 5 and a pictograph that looks like a man (a priest) with his hands raised. Hei’s pictograph symbolically represents: behold, look, show or reveal. Therefore, as the fifth day of Hanukkah opens let’s behold the eleventh and twelfth Hanukkah “I AM” statements of Yeshua – “I am the Good Shepherd.”
Recollect that John 8:12-John 10:42 passage of scripture portrays Yeshua (Jesus) during the Feast of Dedication (Hanukkah). Every reference to “shepherd” in the Word of God is connected to the two “I am the Good Shepherd” statements that Yeshua made during the Feast of Dedication: “I AM THE GOOD SHEPHERD; a good shepherd risks his life for the sake of his sheep. But the hired person who is not the shepherd and who is not the owner of the sheep, when he sees the wolf coming, leaves the sheep and runs away; and the wold comes and seizes and scatters the sheep. The hired person runs away because he is hired and does not care for the sheep. I AM THE GOOD SHEPHERD, and I know my own, and my own know me” (John 10:11-14 Lamsa’s Aramaic).
One of my favorite verses about Messiah Yeshua our Good Shepherd is founds in the Book of Hebrews. When Abraham got his new name, he is first called “Abraham the Hebrew” (Genesis 14:13). The root of the Hebrew word for “Hebrew” (ivri) literally means “to cross over.” Let’s listen to Hebrews 13:20 with the ears of ones’ who have crossed over the Door to be from above: “Now may the God of peace [Who is the Author and the Giver of peace], Who bought again from the dead our LORD JESUS, THAT GREAT SHEPHERD OF THE SHEEP, BY THE BLOOD [that sealed, ratified] the everlasting agreement (covenant, testament), strengthen (complete, perfect) and make you what you ought to be and equip you with everything good that you may carry out His will; [while He Himself] works in you and accomplishes that which is pleasing in His sight, through Jesus Christ (the Messiah); to Whom be the glory forever and ever (to the ages of the ages) Amen (so be it)” (Hebrews 13:20-21 Amplified).
I could go on and on about the Good Shepherd and Guardian of our souls (1 Peter 2:25). Not only does my maiden name mean Seer Shepherd, but my husband and I are literally shepherds. When I read passages about how “he shall feed his flock like a SHEPHERD… gather the lambs with his arm, and carry them in his bosom, and … gently lead those that are young” (Isaiah 40:11), my heart knows these rhythms well. When God asks, “Who is the shepherd that will stand before me?” He is inquiring, Who will love my lambs like I do? Who will move with the cadences of My heart to teach the sheep that appear to have no shepherd?
Our Good Shepherd restores our soul, and leads us in the paths of righteousness for His Name sake (Psalm 23:3) that we can dwell in the House of the Lord forever (Psalm 23:6).
1 Peter 5:4 tells us when the Chief Shepherd appears, we shall receive a crown of glory that fades not. Behold, in the midst of God’s Kingdom is a lamb who is in the midst of the Throne who will shepherd and lead all of God’s people to the fountains of living water, fresh-tender green pastures and a table in the presence of your enemies where you will feast on His goodness (Psalms 23; Revelation 7:17).
The Anointed One who declared twice during Hanukkah “I am the Good Shepherd” is asking His sheep to come to His Table. When we come Hanukkah’s Table, to do as Jesus did, we are partaking of the Messiah’s Table. Refer to => https://santatizing.wordpress.com/2017/12/07/wall-of-remembrance-reveals-joining-the-messiahs-table/. 1 Corinthians 10:21 tells us that we cannot partake of the Lord’s Table and the table of demons. Unfortunately, I can give you testimony after testimony that demons have always been part of the celebration of Christmas. Please refer to the THIS IS CHRISTMAS series below.
Listen closely little lambs. Put your head on His bosom and hear His heart, for His rod will protect you, and His staff will truly guide and comfort you (Psalm 23:4).
NOTE: The above post can be used as today’s devotional if you so choose, or you can use the one already provided => https://santatizing.wordpress.com/2017/01/01/hanukkah-devotion-reading-night-5-pure-pressed-like-gold/with general guidelines for kindling of lights and the blessings => https://santatizing.wordpress.com/2017/01/01/general-guidelines-for-celebrating-hanukkah-kindling-lights-blessings/. An entire instructional package has been provided for the entire eight-days of Hanukkah here => https://sapphirethroneministries.wordpress.com/2017/12/05/have-a-hearty-hanukkah/.
If you choose to use today’s STM post for your devotional, the following are some suggested questions that covers all ages from toddlers to full-blown sons of God.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS: Who is the Good Shepherd of our souls? Answer: Messiah Yeshua (Jesus Christ). What does do you think of when you think of a shepherd?
 Tell us what the fountains of living water, the green pastures and a table in the presence of your enemies means to you.
Copyright December 16, 2017 – Sapphire Throne Ministries – Robin Main
• HAVE A HEARTY HANUKKAH (Guidelines & devotionals for celebrating Hanukkah) => https://sapphirethroneministries.wordpress.com/2017/12/05/have-a-hearty-hanukkah/
• DOING WHAT JESUS DID – I AM THAT I AM – HANUKKAH NIGHT 1 => https://santatizing.wordpress.com/2017/12/12/doing-what-jesus-did-i-am-that-i-am-hanukkah-night-1/
• DOING WHAT JESUS DID – I AM FROM ABOVE – HANUKKAH NIGHT 2=> https://santatizing.wordpress.com/2017/12/14/doing-what-jesus-did-i-am-from-above-hanukkah-night-2/
• DOING WHAT JESUS DID – I AM NOT FROM THIS WORLD – HANUKKAH NIGHT 3 > https://santatizing.wordpress.com/2017/12/14/doing-what-jesus-did-i-am-not-of-this-world-hanukkah-night-3/
• DOING WHAT JESUS DID – I AM THE DOOR – HANUKKAH NIGHT 4 => https://sapphirethroneministries.wordpress.com/2017/12/15/doing-what-jesus-did-i-am-the-door-hanukkah-night-4/
• WALL OF REMEMBRANCE REVEALS JOINING THE MESSIAH’S TABLE => https://sapphirethroneministries.wordpress.com/2017/12/07/wall-of-remembrance-reveals-joining-the-messiahs-table/
• WHY SHEPHERDS? => https://sapphirethroneministries.wordpress.com/2017/12/03/why-shepherds/
• ONE TO BE SACRIFICED IS CALLED LAUGHTER => http://wp.me/p158HG-rV
• THIS IS CHRISTMAS: TIME OF INCREASE DEMONIC ACTIVITY => http://wp.me/p158HG-DP
• THIS IS CHRISTMAS: ALL HELL BREAKING LOOSE => http://wp.me/p158HG-E5
• THIS IS CHRISTMAS: HO NO! HO NO! HO NO! => http://wp.me/p158HG-Eh
• THIS IS CHRISTMAS: YULE LOVE CHRISTMAS => http://wp.me/p158HG-Ez
• THIS IS CHRISTMAS: COSMIC KISS OF DEATH => http://wp.me/p158HG-EF
• Ascension Manual book => https://www.amazon.com/dp/0578188511
• Understanding the Order of Melchizedek: Complete Series book => https://www.amazon.com/Understanding-Order-Melchizedek-Robin-Main/dp/0998598240/
• MEL GEL Study Guide book => https://www.amazon.com/dp/0578188538/
• MEL GEL Study Guide: Volume 2 book => https://www.amazon.com/dp/0998598232/
• Set of Hebrew Living Letter Flash Cards => http://www.sapphirethroneministries.com/art.html
• All STM Resources (usually cheaper than Amazon), including teaching videos => http://www.sapphirethroneministries.com/resources.html
• Blazing New Wine of Hanukkah: Bridal Restoration of DNA book => https://www.amazon.com/Blazing-New-Wine-Hanukkah-Understanding-ebook/dp/B010MHNZMK/
• SANTA-TIZING: What’s wrong with Christmas and how to clean it up book => https://www.amazon.com/SANTA-TIZING-Whats-wrong-Christmas-clean/dp/1607911159/ was written to fulfill a vow made to Yeshua’s face to tell the Christian Church that “Christmas will be the Golden Calf of America.” It took 10 years of full-time research, a golden scribe angel and the Spirit’s leading to unearthing His Truth in the sands of time. It covers every argument that you have ever heard about Christmas.