“I have restrained my feet from every evil way, That I may keep Your word. I have not departed from Your judgments, For You Yourself have taught me. How sweet are Your words to my taste, Sweeter than honey to my mouth! Through Your precepts I get understanding; Therefore I hate every false way” (Psalms 119:101-104 NKJV).
MEM (מ) is the thirteenth letter of the Hebrew Alef-Bet. Always remember that MEM (מ) is intimately connected to the Order of Melchizedek, because thirteen is a Melchizedek number. Please refer to https://sapphirethroneministries.wordpress.com/2020/11/13/thirteen-13-is-a-melchizedek-number/.
MEM (מ) has the numerical value of 40. The ancient pictograph for MEM looks like a wave of water, which represents water; mighty, massive or many (like the ocean); chaos (like the ocean); to come from (like water down a stream). MEM (מ) also symbolizes people, nations, languages, and tongues. “Then he said to me, “The waters which you saw, where the harlot sits, are peoples, multitudes, nations, and tongues” (Revelation 17:15 NKJV).
Hebrew Sages tells us that the living letter MEM – the letter of water (mayim) – symbolizes the fountain of divine wisdom. This fountain of divine wisdom is the Torah (the first five books of the Bible), which is also simply called the Word of God. Just as water springs up from a hidden subterranean source, so does the fountain of wisdom express the energetic powerful flow of the mysteries of the Messiah. “The words a man speaks are deep waters, a flowing stream, a fountain of wisdom” (Proverbs 18:4). “Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself for her, that He might SANCTIFY AND CLEANSE HER WITH THE WASHING OF WATER BY THE WORD, that He might present her to Himself a glorious church, not having spot or wrinkle or any such thing, but that she should be holy and without blemish” (Ephesians 5:25-27 NKJV).
During the Feast of Tabernacles, Yeshua proclaimed His fulfillment of the water pouring ceremony on the seventh day of Sukkot: “On the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried out, saying, ‘If anyone thirsts, let him come to Me and drink. He who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.’ ” (John 7:37-38 NKJV).
The water pouring ceremony became a focus of the joy that the Torah commands for Sukkot. On no other festival were the people commanded to be joyful, and as a result Sukkot became known as “the Season of Our Joy,” just as Passover is “the Season of Our Freedom. The water pouring ceremony during the Feast of Tabernacles was the only water poured out onto God’s altar. This water was literally called “Yeshua” – the waters of salvation. Jesus proclaimed “If anyone drinks of Me” in God’s Temple, which demonstrated that He was (and still is) these waters of salvation. When Yeshua did this, He literally spoke the greatest teaching of Moses. To get to heaven, you must go through these waters to get there. This was the very place where Peter preached on the day of Pentecost (Acts 2). It was also the place where the Rabbis used to teach of the coming Messiah.
The Hebrew Living Letter ™ MEM (מ) is equivalent to the number 40, which Scripturally connects to:
* 40 days and 40 nights of flood waters
* 40 years in the Wilderness
* 40 days Moses was up on Mount Sinai
* 40 days Yeshua fasted in the wilderness
* 40 days from initial conception to the forming of the fetus
* 40 weeks of gestation before birth
* 40 days of repentance (teshuvah) prior to the Feast of Trumpets (Yom Teruah) to prepare for a greater crowning of the Messiah, as King of your world
* 40 days after the nation unconditionally accepted His marriage contract (ketubah), God said: “You shall be for Me a kingdom of priests and a holy nation” (Exodus 19:6). The supposedly superfluous “for Me” has a numerical value of 40 (LAMED-YUD), which indicated to Moses that the people’s promise would not be kept for more than forty days. If you recall, after forty days Aaron built the Golden Calf to please the people. This is when God threatened to annihilate the Jewish people then and there; but, Moses fasted another 40 days praying that God would change His decision and pardon the people. When God responded positively to Moses standing in the gap, Moses was called up God’s mountain for another 40 days and 40 nights to receive the second set of the Ten Commandments (ketubah).
It was during this second time on God’s mountain that God first showed Moses how to prevent a national catastrophe through a particular heartfelt prayer that invokes His mercy. This prayer – The Thirteen Attributes of Mercy – is recited in times of crisis when we beseech the LORD to show us mercy. It contains thirteen names and descriptions of God, which all refer to God’s compassion in various situations: “The Lord passed before him [Moses] and proclaimed: ‘The Lord, The Lord, God, Compassionate and Gracious, Slow to Anger, and Abundant in Kindness and Truth; Preserver of Kindness for thousands of generations, Forgiver of Iniquity, Willful Sin, and Error, and Who Cleanses” (Exodus 34:6-7). Since MEM is the thirteenth letter of the Hebrew Alphabet, each of these thirteen attributes of mercy is like a vapor of infinite love and wisdom with “waters that have no end.”
A marvelous connection to MEM is the Hebrew words for “one” (echad) and “love” (ahavah), because both words have a sum that is equivalent to 13. “Whoever believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of God, and everyone who loves Him who begot also loves him who is begotten of Him. By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God and keep His commandments. For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments. And His commandments are not burdensome. For whatever is born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world—our faith. Who is he who overcomes the world, but he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God? This is He who came by water and blood—Jesus Christ; not only by water, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit who bears witness, because the Spirit is truth. For there are three that bear witness in heaven: the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit; and these three are one. And there are three that bear witness on earth: the Spirit, the water, and the blood; and these three agree as one” (1 John 5:1-7 NKJV).
God’s Essential Name – Havayah – which is the “Name of Mercy” equals 26 = 2 x 13. Havayah reveals the union of “one” (echad) and “love” (ahavah), which is the power to draw into our own consciousness the deep springs of the Messiah’s living water. “For the Lamb who is in the midst of the throne will shepherd them and lead them to living fountains of waters. And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes” (Revelation 7:17 NKJV).
You and I can personally choose to engage the essence of Messiah Yeshua – the Word of God – contained within the Hebrew Living Letter™ MEM. With that in mind, you may be interested in Sapphire Throne Ministries anointed set of Hebrew Living Letter™ Flash Cards. It is a creatively educational way to further explore all the letters of the Hebrew Alef-bet. If you are interested, please check out https://www.sapphirethroneministries.com/product-page/flash-cards. Each custom HLL flashcard has some beautiful, original artwork on the front and an in-depth revelation on the back.
Give em heaven!!!
Written July 11, 2021 – Sapphire Throne Ministries – Robin Main. Copyrighted – If you are going to copy this, please copy it right by giving attributions to this source. Blessings!
Originally published 4 September 2015 (modified).
• Ascension Manual book => https://www.amazon.com/dp/0578188511
• Understanding the Order of Melchizedek: Complete Series book => https://www.amazon.com/Understanding-Order-Melchizedek-Robin-Main/dp/0998598240/
• MEL GEL Study Guide book => https://www.amazon.com/dp/0578188538/
• MEL GEL Study Guide: Volume 2 book => https://www.amazon.com/dp/0998598232/
• Set of Hebrew Living Letter Flash Cards => https://www.sapphirethroneministries.com/flashcards
• Blazing New Wine of Hanukkah: Bridal Restoration of DNA book => https://www.amazon.com/Blazing-New-Wine-Hanukkah-Understanding-ebook/dp/B010MHNZMK/
• SANTA-TIZING: What’s wrong with Christmas and how to clean it up book => https://www.amazon.com/SANTA-TIZING-Whats-wrong-Christmas-clean/dp/1607911159/
ART: “Into the Deep – MEM” by Robin Main
Created on 2 September 2015.