Did you know that the Sabbath between the Feast of Trumpets (Yom Teruah) and the Day of Atonement (Yom Kippur) is called Shabbat Shuvah? Shabbat Shuvah (שַׁבַּת שׁוּבָה) means “the Sabbath of Return.” It is called “shuvah” because Bible-believing Jewish people all over the world are all reading the same section of the Haftarah Scriptures on Shabbat Shuvah, which includes Hosea 14:1. It begins: Shuvah Yisrael ad Adonai Elohekha (שׁוּבָה יִשְׂרָאֵל עַד יְהוָה אֱלהֶיךָ): “Return, O Israel, unto the LORD your God!”
There is something so powerful about God’s people being on the same page sort of speak (i.e., studying and reading the same Scriptures at the same time). Their weekly Torah (First Five Books of the Bible) portion is referred to as a “parashat,” which is read during a Hebrew prayer service. This week’s parashat is called Parashat Vayeilech / פרשת וילך, which covers Deuteronomy 31:1-30.
The Haftarah reading follows the Torah Reading on each Sabbath as well as on Biblical Festivals. Typically, there’s a thematic link between the parashat and haftarah. The entire Haftarah portion for Shabbat Shuvah is Hosea 14:1-9; Micah 7:18-20, and Joel 2:15-27. We will simply focus on Hosea 14 due to the name – Shabbat Shuvah – the Sabbath of Return.
The Hebrew word for “return” is shoob. It contains three Hebrew letters – sheen, vav, bet. The Ancient Hebrew Word Picture for “return” communicates that Almighty God joins His Body together and makes it a securely nailed dwelling place where His family (household) are bound together within.
I don’t think that it’s a coincidence that the essence of the Hebrew Word Picture for “return” coincides with the essence of “cherubim.” The Ancient Hebrew Word Picture for “cherubim” tells us that that cherubim are a picture for where God opens His people up to His Kingdom in their midst through His Spirit, His Word and His massive deeds done; and it’s where God joins His Body together to make it a securely nailed dwelling place where His household is bound together within.
On this glorious Sabbath of Return, don’t forget to meditate on the profound reality that cherubim mark the spot for the Body of Christ returning to its primordial state, as it was in the beginning before Adam and Eve fell, except better, redeemed. It’s time for a heavenly metamorphosis for the sons of God. It’s time for the Seventh Day Transfiguration of Man for those who are pressing in to be gloriously changed into His very image (See Genesis 1:26-27). It’s time for the manifestation of Shabbat Shuvah and the taking on one’s own cherubic nature.
“O Israel, RETURN to the Lord your God, for you have stumbled because of your iniquity; take words with you, and RETURN to the Lord. Say to Him, ‘Take away all iniquity; receive us graciously, for we will offer the sacrifices of our lips. Assyria shall not save us, we will not ride on horses, nor will we say anymore to the work of our hands, ‘You are our gods.’ For in You the fatherless finds mercy.’ ‘I will heal their backsliding, I will love them freely, for My anger has turned away from him. I will be like the dew to Israel; He shall grow like the lily, and lengthen his roots like Lebanon. His branches shall spread; His beauty shall be like an olive tree, and his fragrance like Lebanon. Those who dwell under his shadow shall RETURN; they shall be revived like grain, and grow like a vine. Their scent shall be like the wine of Lebanon. Ephraim shall say, ‘What have I to do anymore with idols?’ I have heard and observed him. I am like a green cypress tree; your fruit is found in Me.” Who is wise? Let him understand these things. Who is prudent? Let him know them. For the ways of the Lord are right; The righteous walk in them, but transgressors stumble in them” (Hosea 14:1-9 NKJV).
Give em heaven!!!
~ Robin Main
Written October 4, 2019 – Sapphire Throne Ministries – Robin Main. Copyrighted – If you are going to copy this, please copy it right by giving attributions to this source.
- TAKING ON YOUR CHERUBIC NATURE => https://sapphirethroneministries.wordpress.com/2018/09/18/taking-on-your-cherubic-nature/
- CHERUBIM – YOUR CHERUBIC NATURE => https://sapphirethroneministries.wordpress.com/2017/07/08/cherubim-your-cherubic-nature/
- KEY TO TAKING ON YOUR CHERUBIC NATURE => https://sapphirethroneministries.wordpress.com/2017/01/26/key-to-taking-on-your-cherubic-nature/
- 7TH DAY TRANSFIGURATION OF MAN => https://santatizing.wordpress.com/2017/01/01/7th-day-transfiguration-of-man/
• Ascension Manual book => https://www.amazon.com/dp/0578188511
• Understanding the Order of Melchizedek: Complete Series book => https://www.amazon.com/Understanding-Order-Melchizedek-Robin-Main/dp/0998598240/
• MEL GEL Study Guide book => https://www.amazon.com/dp/0578188538/
• MEL GEL Study Guide: Volume 2 book => https://www.amazon.com/dp/0998598232/
• Set of Hebrew Living Letter Flash Cards => https://www.sapphirethroneministries.com/flashcards
• Blazing New Wine of Hanukkah: Bridal Restoration of DNA book => https://www.amazon.com/Blazing-New-Wine-Hanukkah-Understanding-ebook/dp/B010MHNZMK/
• SANTA-TIZING: What’s wrong with Christmas and how to clean it up book => https://www.amazon.com/SANTA-TIZING-Whats-wrong-Christmas-clean/dp/1607911159/
ART by Laurent Chehere