On the High Priest’s Breastplate were 12 stones with the 12 tribes of the sons of Israel written on them. A common question I am hearing these days is: What about those stones on the Breastplate?
There’s a reason you don’t hear a lot about those Breastplate stones. The details surrounding them are quite enigmatic. The tribal names (and possible additions) written on these stones are particularly mysterious. There are over 30 various opinions on whose names were on which stone.
Personally, I like Flavius Josephus’ take, because not only is his the oldest recorded account of the stones on the Breastplate, but he was an eyewitness and served in the Temple in Jerusalem as a priest as well. He tells us that the tribes on the Breastplate were written in birth order (Don’t forget that the Hebrews read from right to left.)
In addition to the names of the twelve tribes, the stones were said to contain at the head the names of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, and at the end there were the words of the phrase “[all these are] the tribes of Jeshurin.” Hebrew history tells us that Moses received the revelation on Mount Sinai that all 22 letters of the Hebrew alphabet need to be present on the stones, which meant more needed to be added besides Jacob’s progeny.
The only fact known with absolute certainty is the color of each stone, because the colors of these stones were recorded in the Midrash (Bamidbar Rabbah 2:7). Here it states that each tribe’s stone on the breastplate matches the back ground color of its flag. BTW – Each tribe had an ensign during the years that they traveled through the Wilderness. The following are the background colors along with the tribes in the order explained by Josephus:
1. Ruby – Reuben = Red
2. Jade – Shimon = Green
3. Agate – Levi = Red, White, and Black Striped
4. Carbuncle – Judah = Bluish-Green
5. Lapis-Lazuli – Dan = Sapphire Blue
6. Quartz Crystal – Naphtali = Clear
7. Turquoise – Gad = Turquoise Blue
8. Agate – Asher = Agate Grey
9. Amethyst – Issachar = Purple
10. Aquamarine – Zebulun = Blue-Green
11. Onyx – Joseph = Black
12. Opal – Benjamin = All Colors
“Place me like a seal over your heart” (Song 8:6). Do you know that Yeshua (Jesus) places you directly over His heart in the cleft of the Rock? And we also, as kings and priests, have a breastplate with stones as well that is being formed into His very image. Pressing into the fullness of Christ represented in these spiritual stones in His Breastplate over your own heart are crucial for you manifesting the FULL GOVERNMENT OF THE KINGDOM OF GOD. So… let’s draw near to a better hope (Hebrews 7:19). Let’s draw near to God with a sincere heart and with the full assurance that faith brings (Heb 10:22). Let’s hear and understand the light, frequency, colors and sounds of the 12 stones of His Breastplate. Let’s engage the DNA of God. Let His DNA entwine with yours to bring healing and wholeness.
~ Robin Main
Written June 21, 2014 – Sapphire Throne Ministries – Robin Main. Copyrighted – If you are going to copy this, please copy it right by giving attributions to this source. Blessings!
• Ascension Manual book => https://www.amazon.com/dp/0578188511
• Understanding the Order of Melchizedek: Complete Series book => https://www.amazon.com/Understanding-Order-Melchizedek-Robin-Main/dp/0998598240/
• MEL GEL Study Guide book => https://www.amazon.com/dp/0578188538/
• MEL GEL Study Guide: Volume 2 book => https://www.amazon.com/dp/0998598232/
• Set of Hebrew Living Letter Flash Cards => https://www.sapphirethroneministries.com/flashcards
• Blazing New Wine of Hanukkah: Bridal Restoration of DNA book => https://www.amazon.com/Blazing-New-Wine-Hanukkah-Understanding-ebook/dp/B010MHNZMK/
• SANTA-TIZING: What’s wrong with Christmas and how to clean it up book => https://www.amazon.com/SANTA-TIZING-Whats-wrong-Christmas-clean/dp/1607911159/