When David was 28 years-old, the Prophet Samuel anointed him as king, which literally ended his pastoral life as a shepherd. David pastoral life had prepared him to become the shepherd of the flock of Israel. The Midrash Samuel 20 relates that in one day David had strangled four lions and three bears that attacked his flock with his bare hands. Can imagine how strong he was?!
When Samuel came to anoint one of Jesse’s sons king, his first thought was the handsome and eldest Eliab was the one; but the holy anointing oil said otherwise. When Samuel attempted to pour oil upon each of David’s brothers in succession, the oil remained in the vessel. The Jewish Encyclopedia tells us that when it came David’s turn, the oil flowed freely and the drops of oil that fell on David’s clothes immediately changed into pearls and diamonds. That would have been so cool to watch. Then to top it all off, when the anointing was finished, the horn was still miraculously full.
This is when David’s mother steps forward revealing her secret. For you see, Jesse and David’s brothers had thought that David was a son of a slave. As with many marriages, Jesse’s martial life had some troubles. As an antidote, Jesse designed to liberate his favorite female slave and marry her. Jesse’s wife found out about Jesse’s design and frustrated it by disguising herself as this slave. Thus, Jesse unwittingly married his first wife a second time. The result of their union was David who was then passed off as a son of a slave, so Jesse could be left in his error (Yalḳ., Makiri, ed. Buber, ii. 214). The supposed son of a slave – David – was not educated with Jesse’s other sons. He passed his days in the wilderness pasturing sheep where he was tender and loving to his flock. When David’s mother came forward to reveal her little secret that had been kept so many years, Jesse and David’s brothers learned for the first time that he was not the son of a slave; but a descendant of Miriam, the sister of Moses, just like them.
You are invited to join us in discovering more about David’s Dynasty, which is now arising as the Messiah ben (son of) David’s Kingdom in the next School of the Firmament #10 Class being held on October 5, 2020. We are also going through the psalms that help David ascend. They are such current and glorious words for such a time as this. To register and for more information => https://www.sapphirethroneministries.com/events.
Give em heaven!!!
Written September 21, 2020 – Sapphire Throne Ministries – Robin Main. Copyrighted – If you are going to copy this, please copy it right by giving attributions to this source.
• Ascension Manual book => https://www.amazon.com/dp/0578188511
• Understanding the Order of Melchizedek: Complete Series book => https://www.amazon.com/Understanding-Order-Melchizedek-Robin-Main/dp/0998598240/
• MEL GEL Study Guide book => https://www.amazon.com/dp/0578188538/
• MEL GEL Study Guide: Volume 2 book => https://www.amazon.com/dp/0998598232/
• Set of Hebrew Living Letter Flash Cards => https://www.sapphirethroneministries.com/flashcards
• Blazing New Wine of Hanukkah: Bridal Restoration of DNA book => https://www.amazon.com/Blazing-New-Wine-Hanukkah-Understanding-ebook/dp/B010MHNZMK/
• SANTA-TIZING: What’s wrong with Christmas and how to clean it up book => https://www.amazon.com/SANTA-TIZING-Whats-wrong-Christmas-clean/dp/1607911159/ was written to fulfill a vow made to Yeshua’s face to tell the Christian Church that “Christmas will be the Golden Calf of America.” It took 10 years of full-time research, a golden scribe angel and the Spirit’s leading to unearthing His Truth in the sands of time. It covers every argument that you have ever heard about Christmas.