What does it mean to be “in the midst” of God’s Kingdom?
IN THE MIDST of God’s Kingdom is a crucified Savior who has made a way for our deliverance, healing and salvation. “There they crucified Him, and with Him two other men, one on either side, and Jesus in between [in the midst KJV]” (John 19:18 NASB).
The Greek words clarifying what “crucified” means in First Corinthians 2:2 NASB – “For I determined to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ, and Him crucified” – are found in Strong’s NT:4717, NT:4716, and NT:2476. They tell us that to be CRUCIFIED means to be impaled on the cross, to extinguish selfishness, to expose to death (self-denial) through the foundation of the atonement of Christ. These definitions come from the Greek word histemi (prolonged form of stao), which adds the concepts: to stand, to abide, to appoint, to continue, to covenant, to establish, to hold up, to present, to set, etc.
If we are living IN THE MIDST of God’s Kingdom, we live a crucified life similar to the One seen hanging on a tree in the midst of two robbers. “And they put up over His head the accusation written against Him: THIS IS JESUS THE KING OF THE JEWS. Then two robbers were crucified with Him, one on the right and another on the left” (Matthew 27:37-38 NKJV).
What was the mysterious message hanging above Yeshus’s head that made the chief priests, scribes, and elders mock Him? The Hebrews look at a sentence several ways to receive hidden messages from the Lord. One of the ways they do this is by looking at the first Hebrew letter in every Hebrew word in a sentence, phrase, or statement. John 19:19 says that the sign said: “Jesus of Nazareth, the King of the Jews.” The first Hebrew letter for each word in this statement spelled out the Unspeakable Name of God Y-H-V-H. YOD (Y) is a picture of a hand. HEI (H) is a picture of an open door and is commonly translated “what comes forth.” And VAV is a picture of an ancient nail. When one puts the pictures of these Hebrew letters together, we receive the awesome message that hung over Yeshua on the Cross – “Salvation and deliverance will come by the nailed hand of God.” This is why the chief priests were upset and insisted: “Do not write, ‘The King of the Jews,’ but, ‘He said, ‘I am the King of the Jews’” (John 19:21). The religious institution in Yeshua’s day were horrified when they comprehended this mysterious message that Pilate insisted would stand.
IN THE MIDST of God’s Kingdom, the veil in God’s Temple was torn in two from heaven to earth (top down) at the moment of His crucifixion, so there is no more separation between God and man. Now, there is the potential for a glorious divine relationship. “And it was about the sixth hour, and there was a darkness over all the earth until the ninth hour. And the sun was darkened and the veil of the temple was rent in the midst” (Luke 23:44-45 KJV). “And Jesus cried out with a loud voice, and yielded up His spirit. Then behold, the veil of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom; and the earth quaked, and the rocks were split” (Matthew 27:50-51 NKJV). “But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ. For He Himself is our peace, who has made both one, and has broken down the middle wall of separation” (Ephesians 2:13-14 NKJV).
IN THE MIDST of God’s Kingdom, the veil is taken away, so we can be mirrors that brightly reflect the glory of God. God’s people have the incredible promise that when we keep pressing in to become mature… to become just like Messiah Yeshua (Jesus Christ), we shall be completely and fully know just as we are known. “Nevertheless when one turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away. Now the Lord is Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord” (II Corinthians 3:16-18 NKJV). “But when that which is perfect has come, then that which is in part will be done away. When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things. For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known” (I Corinthians 13:10-12 NKJV).
“Then said Jesus unto His disciples, ‘If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me’” (Matthew 16:24 KJV).
“I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave Himself for me” (Galatians 2:20 KJV).
Here’s to following Him all the way to fully know Jesus Christ crucified, buried and risen!
Give em heaven!!!
Written May 7, 2021 Sapphire Throne Ministries – Robin Main. Copyrighted – If you are going to copy this, please copy it right by giving attributions to this source. Blessings!
NOTE: The above revelation comes from part of a series entitled “IN THE MIDST OF GOD’S KINGDOM” that was posted on Facebook in 2013 (modified and updated).
RELATED VIDEOS & ARTICLES
* “HITTING THE BULL’S EYE OF RIGHTEOUSNESS” Video => https://youtu.be/1z0OY1XkYQY
* DISCIPLINE TO WHOLLY FOLLOW CHRIST => https://sapphirethroneministries.wordpress.com/2013/11/25/discipline-to-wholly-follow-christ/
* PURIFY THE SOUL => https://sapphirethroneministries.wordpress.com/2014/01/09/hitting-the-bulls-eye-of-righteousness-part-7-purify-the-soul/
* BROKENNESS OF ONE’S SOUL => https://sapphirethroneministries.wordpress.com/2014/08/23/hitting-the-bulls-eye-of-righteousness-part-9-brokenness-of-ones-soul/
* WHAT WILL YOU GIVE IN EXCHANGE FOR YOUR SOUL? => https://sapphirethroneministries.wordpress.com/2018/03/22/what-will-you-give-in-exchange-for-your-soul/
* THE SOUL IS THE CRUX=> https://sapphirethroneministries.wordpress.com/2019/02/23/the-soul-is-the-crux/
• Ascension Manual book => https://www.amazon.com/dp/0578188511
• Understanding the Order of Melchizedek: Complete Series book => https://www.amazon.com/Understanding-Order-Melchizedek-Robin-Main/dp/0998598240/
• MEL GEL Study Guide book => https://www.amazon.com/dp/0578188538/
• MEL GEL Study Guide: Volume 2 book => https://www.amazon.com/dp/0998598232/
• Set of Hebrew Living Letter Flash Cards => https://www.sapphirethroneministries.com/flashcards
• Blazing New Wine of Hanukkah: Bridal Restoration of DNA book => https://www.amazon.com/Blazing-New-Wine-Hanukkah-Understanding-ebook/dp/B010MHNZMK/
• SANTA-TIZING: What’s wrong with Christmas and how to clean it up book => https://www.amazon.com/SANTA-TIZING-Whats-wrong-Christmas-clean/dp/1607911159/