I have seen confusion in the Christian camp due to connecting everything in this world to how it affects a person’s salvation. According to the Word of God, salvation is given to anyone who believes that Yeshua (Jesus) is their Lord and Savior through His dying for their sins on the Cross, and that Father God rose Him from the dead. This gift of salvation is purely given by the grace of God, which we simply receive by faith:
• “That if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation” (Romans 10:9-10 NKJV).
• “For by grace you have been saved through faith, that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast. For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them. … But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ” (Ephesians 2:8-10,13 NKJV).
Once you receive the gift of salvation, I personally believe it’s secure, if you truly believe. I also believe that a person can walk away from our relationship with God, just like we can walk away from any relationship. Woe to anyone who throws it away. Yet, where sin increases, grace increases all the more.
We all struggle and make mistakes. Have you ever read Hebrews 10? Consider: “For if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, but a certain fearful expectation of judgment, and fiery indignation which will devour the adversaries. Anyone who has rejected Moses’ law dies without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses. Of how much worse punishment, do you suppose, will he be thought worthy who has trampled the Son of Go underfoot, counted the blood of the covenant by which he sanctified a common thing, and insulted the Spirit of Grace?” (Hebrews 10:26-29 NKJV). If that doesn’t make you feel the reverential fear of the Lord, I’m not sure what will. The main point in my mind is that we should never willfully sin. That being said. I have done that very thing, and the Lord my God mercifully and persistently met me in my place of captivity. It was His goodness and kindness that led me to repentance (Romans 2:4).
God is so so so good. Beyond what we can think or image. That does not mean that He winks at sin – unintentional or willfull sin. The world that God has set up has built-in consequences for everything we do – good or bad. It is reflected in the Newton’s third law: For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. Or in farmer’s terms, we reap what we sow.
After a person accepts the gift of salvation, they enter the sanctification stage of their lives where we must each work out our own salvation with fear and trembling (Philippians 2:12). Sanctification is the painfully beautiful process of maturing into the same image as Messiah Yeshua (Jesus Christ). This is where mixture is sifted out of a person’s life. After accepting the gift of salvation, 1 John 1:8-9 says “If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sin, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” Confession and repentance are huge sanctification keys. “As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten. Therefore be zealous and repent” (Revelation 3:19 NKJV).
No one is going to hell for putting on Halloween costumes, or for Halloween candy, or for unforgiveness, or for anger, or for pride, etc, if you are saved by grace through faith. BUT you will reap what you sow… until you confess your sin and truly repent, which means completely turn away from any way that is wicked in God’s eyes.
Beyond the sanctification step in one’s life is the purification step where we “as obedient children, not conforming yourselves to the former lusts, as in your ignorance; but as He who called you is holy, you also be holy in all your conduct (i.e. actions), because it is written, “Be holy, for I am holy.” (1 Peter 1:14-16). God’s people laying down dark holidays, like Halloween and Christmas, is not about salvation. It’s about a person’s eternal rewards… “And behold, I come quickly; and My reward is with Me, to give to every man according as his work shall be” (Revelation 22:12).
If one studies the concept of righteousness, it’s root tells us that righteousness is a State of Being (condition of the heart and mind). It’s not about works, but the works that you and I do reveal who we truly are (our State of Being). What do we call people who do not do what they say or believe? Hypocrites. People who honor God with their lips, but their hearts are far from Him (as clearly evidenced by the things a person says and does). “He answered and said to them, ‘Well did Isaiah prophesy of you hypocrites, as it is written: “This people honors Me with their lips, but their heart is far from Me” (Mark 7:6 NKJV).
So… Can you celebrate Halloween and still be a Christian? Yes, but there will be consequences accordingly. You may not want to be so flippant when it comes to worship. Any feast is always about worship. You and your family may be reaping demonic type of things. I urge you to take your feast/worship/celebrations to Him. Lay them on His Altar by completely dying to what you think about them, and ask God what He thinks. When you do this, remember that God is so so so good. He created fun and celebrations. He has even set up nine Biblical Feasts in His Word where He is calling His people to a particular place at a specific time in order to marry (become one) with His people.
Give em heaven!!!
Copyright October 25, 2017 – Sapphire Throne Ministries – Robin Main
• NOTHING HALLOW ABOUT HALLOWEEN => https://sapphirethroneministries.wordpress.com/…/nothing-h…/
• HOW DOES GOD REDEEM EVIL OR DEMONIC THINGS? => https://sapphirethroneministries.wordpress.com/…/how-does-…/
• BABYLON’S SORCERY CONNECTIONS TO HALLOWEEN & CHRISTMAS => https://sapphirethroneministries.wordpress.com/…/babylons-…/
• Ascension Manual book => https://www.amazon.com/dp/0578188511
• Understanding the Order of Melchizedek: Complete Series book => https://www.amazon.com/Understanding-Order-Melchizedek-Robin-Main/dp/0998598240/
• MEL GEL Study Guide book => https://www.amazon.com/dp/0578188538/
• MEL GEL Study Guide: Volume 2 book => https://www.amazon.com/dp/0998598232/
• Set of Hebrew Living Letter Flash Cards => https://www.sapphirethroneministries.com/flashcards
• Blazing New Wine of Hanukkah: Bridal Restoration of DNA book => https://www.amazon.com/Blazing-New-Wine-Hanukkah-Understanding-ebook/dp/B010MHNZMK/
• SANTA-TIZING: What’s wrong with Christmas and how to clean it up book => https://www.amazon.com/SANTA-TIZING-Whats-wrong-Christmas-clean/dp/1607911159/ was written to fulfill a vow made to Yeshua’s face to tell the Christian Church that “Christmas will be the Golden Calf of America.” It took 10 years of full-time research, a golden scribe angel and the Spirit’s leading to unearthing His Truth in the sands of time. It covers every argument that you have ever heard about Christmas.