“The fear of man brings a snare, but one who trusts in the Lord will be protected” (Proverbs 29:25 NASB).
Yesterday, I wrote about presumptuous sin, and how King David’s cried out that God would keep him from presumptuous sins that have dominion, control, or rulership over him (Psalms 19:13). Probably one of the most subtle forms of presumptuous sins – unintentional err due to imperfect understanding and reasoning – comes from the fear of man. Refer to https://sapphirethroneministries.wordpress.com/2022/07/26/not-under-the-dominion-of-presumptious-sins/.
A snare in “the fear of man brings a snare” is referring to something by which one is entangled, involved in difficulties, or impeded. It is something deceptively attractive. It makes something complicated. It is a position or situation from which it is difficult or almost impossible to escape. One is caught as if in a trap or lured into a compromising statement or act. “If they have escaped the corruption of the world by knowing our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and are again entangled in it and overcome, they are worse off at the end than they were at the beginning. It would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than to have known it and then to turn their backs on the sacred command that was passed on to them” (2 Peter 2:20-21).
When Proverbs 29:25 is translated as “the fear of man brings a snare,” it misses a much deeper understanding because it is not simply about the fear of man bringing a snare. The Hebrew word for “brings” is the primitive root nāṯan (נָתַן), which is an action word (verb). Naw-than’ means to give, to bestow, to grant, to permit, to ascribe, to employ, to devote, to consecrate, to dedicate, to sell, to exchange, to commit, to entrust, to give over, to yield produce, to stretch out, to extend, to set, to appoint, to designate, to be given up, to be delivered up, occasion, produce, report, mention, utter.
Due to the fear of man being the antithesis of the fear of God, we can extrapolate and translate the phrase “the fear of man brings a snare” as:
- The fear of man bestows a snare on a person, which gives the demonic realm the right to mess with that person (Prov. 26:2).
- The fear of man permits a person to be ensnared, which may cause them to follow after wicked ways and words without them realizing it (Psa. 106:35-39).
- The fear of man causes a person to be devoted to what ensnares them rather than being wholly devoted to the Lord (1 Kings 11:4).
- The fear of man consecrates a person to pleasing and fearing man above God. Sometimes, those who have the fear of man justify their unholy ties by believing various Biblical principles are more sacred than their own obedience to God (Proverbs 20:25).
- The fear of man dedicates a person so much to their snare that they spend their time and their resources defending and protecting it (Proverbs 20:25).
- The fear of man sells a person’s soul out to what easily entangles them (Heb. 12:1).
- The fear of man causes a person to exchange the truth of God for a falsehood where they worship and serve creation rather than the Creator of all things (Rom. 1:25).
- The fear of man causes a person to be committed to their own understanding and their own way. Once the commitment to the fear (pleasing) of man and the defense of that commitment is there, it causes a person to have imperfect understanding and reasoning due to having blind spots where presumptuous sins are hidden from them (Prov. 3:5-6).
- The fear of man causes a person to be given over to the rulership of the Kingdom of Self, which is darkness (Eph. 4:17-19).
- The fear of man yields bad fruit; because through the fear of man (pleasing man), we allow other people and entities to manipulate and control us (Matt. 7:16-20).
- The fear of man is the occasion, which provides a treacherous net where the sons of men are ensnared in an evil time (Eccl. 9:12).
- The fear of man delivers a bad report to God of unbelief, because of fearing the giants in the land rather than believe the good report of God (Num. 13:32).
- The fear of man appoints a wicked spiritual entity or wicked person over you (Psa. 109:6).
- The fear of man causes God’s leading to be squelched where He is unable to stretch out His strong scepter within you, for the purpose of you ruling in the midst of your enemies (Psa. 110:2).
- The fear of man delivers up a person to wicked and evil ways (Isaiah 28:13).
The bottom line is that we either have the fear of man or the fear of God.
To fear God is to gain long life, understanding, wisdom, etc. So, choose to humble yourself under the mighty hand of God. Choose to be delivered from all evil. Choose to give yourself fully to Messiah Yeshua. Choose to dedicate yourself to hearing the Lord and promptly obeying Him, which will result in righteousness and holiness (Rom. 6). Choose to devote yourself to the full rulership of our precious Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Choose this day to fear God, which is to love God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your strength.
Give em heaven!!!
Written July 27, 2022 – Sapphire Throne Ministries – Robin Main. Copyrighted – If you are going to copy this, please copy it right by giving attributions to this source. Blessings!
• Ascension Manual book => https://www.amazon.com/dp/0578188511
• Understanding the Order of Melchizedek: Complete Series book => https://www.amazon.com/Understanding-Order-Melchizedek-Robin-Main/dp/0998598240/
• MEL GEL Study Guide book => https://www.amazon.com/dp/0578188538/
• MEL GEL Study Guide: Volume 2 book => https://www.amazon.com/dp/0998598232/
• Set of Hebrew Living Letter Flash Cards => https://www.sapphirethroneministries.com/flashcards
• Blazing New Wine of Hanukkah: Bridal Restoration of DNA book => https://www.amazon.com/Blazing-New-Wine-Hanukkah-Understanding-ebook/dp/B010MHNZMK/
• SANTA-TIZING: What’s wrong with Christmas and how to clean it up book => https://www.amazon.com/SANTA-TIZING-Whats-wrong-Christmas-clean/dp/1607911159/