King David designed the First Temple in Jerusalem through divine inspiration. King Solomon built it.
“All this, said David, the LORD made me understand in writing by His hand upon me, even all the works of this pattern. And David said to Solomon his son, Be strong and of good courage, and do it: fear not, nor be dismayed, for the LORD God, even my God, will be with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee, until thou hast finished all the work for the service of the House of the LORD” (I Chronicles 28:19-20 KJV).
According to the Book of First Chronicles, King David was primarily preoccupied with building and organizing the Temple. Not only did David gather all the material to build Solomon’s Temple, he also planned every single detail so that Solomon only had to carry out the work.
One of David’s significant works for Temple service was to divide the Tribe of Levi into twenty-four families who performed service in God’s Sanctuary according to lot, which means through seemingly random means God chose who He wanted to serve in His Temple and when.
The plan that King David got from God chose the Levites for three different functions:
For now, we will only focus on the Temple musicians and the Song of the Day that they sang. The psalms selected as the Song of the Day were chosen during a time when Israel was threatened with disaster (Suk. 55a).
(1) As Temple musicians, which were also divided into twenty-four classes (courses),
(2) As Temple servants, which were doorkeepers and overseers of supplies, and
(3) As judges and officials over Israel.
According to Hebrew history, a daily psalm/song were sung by the Levites immediately after the daily libation of wine. Please note that the offerings of Abel, Noah and Abraham were all a “satisfying aroma to God;” but after the sin of the Golden Calf, the Lord commanded the wine libations to be added to the continual daily offerings (Numbers 15:1-16).
Every psalm that was sung during the daily Temple Service was sung in three parts (Suk. iv.5). During the intervals between the three parts, the sons of Aaron – the Kohanim – blew three different trump blasts (Tamid vii.3).
The Daily Psalms that were sung in Solomon’s Temple according to the Lord’s leading via His servant David were:
- On the First Day of the Week – Sunday – Psalms 24 was sung.
- On the Second Day of the Week – Monday – Psalms 68 was sung.
- On the Third Day of the Week – Tuesday – Psalms 82 was sung.
- On the Fourth Day of the Week – Wednesday – Psalms 114 was sung.
- On the Fifth Day of the Week – Thursday – Psalms 81 was sung.
- On the Sixth Day of the Week – Friday – Psalms 113 was sung.
- On the Seventh Day of the Week – Saturday (Sabbath) – Psalms 112 was sung.
These Davidic hymns and the vows of repentance that accompanied the sin-offerings were the only obligatory exercises in the First Temple. If the Lord our God felt these daily songs were that important in Solomon’s Temple, it will probably benefit His people to reflect upon them again in this volatile time when disaster seems to threaten the entire world, especially since the Tabernacle of David is being rebuilt in this Kingdom Day.
Let all His children sing to Him daily songs from our hearts that please His heart!
Give em heaven!!!
Copyright October 30, 2020 – Sapphire Throne Ministries – Robin Main
• Ascension Manual book => https://www.amazon.com/dp/0578188511
• Understanding the Order of Melchizedek: Complete Series book => https://www.amazon.com/Understanding-Order-Melchizedek-Robin-Main/dp/0998598240/
• MEL GEL Study Guide book => https://www.amazon.com/dp/0578188538/
• MEL GEL Study Guide: Volume 2 book => https://www.amazon.com/dp/0998598232/
• SANTA-TIZING: What’s wrong with Christmas and how to clean it up book => https://www.amazon.com/SANTA-TIZING-Whats-wrong-Christmas-clean/dp/1607911159/
• Set of Hebrew Living Letter Flash Cards => https://www.sapphirethroneministries.com/flashcards
• Mystic Mentoring (in Christ) Tribe YouTube Channel => https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgM5SH5cgx9WbdJSEQekdrA
• Sapphire Throne Ministries YouTube Channel => https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc_Wc7QXimTAsKPlsSGKFKw