If a person searches out the concept of “dwelling,” you find an entry called “Shekinah” in the Jewish Encyclopedia. It says that Shekinah is the majestic presence or manifestation of God to “dwell” among men.
The word “shekinah” itself is taken from passages in Scripture that speak of God dwelling either in a Tabernacle, or among God’s people. It is especially said that God dwells in Jerusalem, on Mount Zion, and in the Temple itself. The Temple is called the “House of the Shekinah.” Remember this when you meditate on Scripture: “Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? … Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s” (1 Corinthians 6:9,19-20 NKJV).
To be worthy of His Shekinah Glory, one had/has to be without sin. Before the Israelites sinned with the Golden Calf, the Shekinah rested on everyone; but when they did evil, the Shekinah departed or disappeared (Sotah 3b). Refer to https://sapphirethroneministries.wordpress.com/2013/12/17/to-dismiss-christ/ and http://wp.me/p158HG-Dx.
It is critical for all of God’s people to understand that Yeshua (Jesus) did not celebrate Christmas. Yeshua celebrated Hanukkah – The Feast of Dedication. “Now it was the Feast of Dedication in Jerusalem, and it was winter. And Jesus walked in the temple, in Solomon’s porch” (John 10:22-23 NKJV). Hanukkah’s history reveals that it celebrates the overthrow of the defilement of Christmas in the hearts of His people and the cleansing of their bodies. Or in other words, it sets the stage so that the Shekinah can rest in His Temple… you and I.
The word “dwell” in the Hebrew text is said to be rendered “let the Shekinah rest.” Take for example: “Have them construct a sanctuary for Me, so that I may dwell among them” (Exodus 25:8). Although the word “Shekinah” is not found in Scripture, its concept clearly is. Most believe that the term “shekinah” was coined as a noun, as a derivation of the Hebrew verb “shakan,” which simply means to take up residence for a long time in a neighborhood. It is a protracted dwelling in the midst of a group of people.
The “Shekinah” Presence was not God, but an ethereal (yet physical) manifestation of His actual Presence among His people. The Shekinah Dwelling Presence appears first at the crossing of the Red Sea where the Pillar of Fire by night and the Pillar of Cloud by day protected the Israelites from the pursuing Egyptians. The nation of Israel was led by the Shekinah for 40 years in the Wilderness. Then, the Holy Presence of the Omniscient God inhabited the Tent of Meeting, Wilderness Tabernacle, Solomon’s Temple, and Messiah Yeshua Himself.
We will be exploring all this in STM’s “Dwelling Presence: Online Interactive Conference,” which starts tonight. If you are interested in joining the revelatory fun, check out https://sapphirethroneministries.wordpress.com/2021/10/15/dwelling-presence-online-interactive-class/.
Give em heaven!!!
Written November 29, 2021 – Sapphire Throne Ministries, Robin Main. Copyrighted – If you are going to copy this, please copy it right by giving attributions to this source. Blessings!
• Ascension Manual book => https://www.amazon.com/dp/0578188511
• Understanding the Order of Melchizedek: Complete Series book => https://www.amazon.com/Understanding-Order-Melchizedek-Robin-Main/dp/0998598240/
• MEL GEL Study Guide book => https://www.amazon.com/dp/0578188538/
• MEL GEL Study Guide: Volume 2 book => https://www.amazon.com/dp/0998598232/
• Set of Hebrew Living Letter Flash Cards => https://www.sapphirethroneministries.com/flashcards
• SANTA-TIZING: What’s wrong with Christmas and how to clean it up book => https://www.amazon.com/SANTA-TIZING-Whats-wrong-Christmas-clean/dp/1607911159/ was written to fulfill a vow made to Yeshua’s face to tell the Christian Church that “Christmas will be the Golden Calf of America.” It took 10 years of full-time research, a golden scribe angel and the Spirit’s leading to unearthing His Truth in the sands of time. It covers every argument that you have ever heard about Christmas.
PHOTO by Paul Zizka Photography