“How blessed are the people who know the joyful sound [blast of the shofar] …” (Psalms 89:15 NAS).
The Feast of Trumpets (i.e., Yom Teruah) begins around 12 Noon EST on Friday September 18, 2020, which is sunset in Jerusalem and goes for two full days from sundown to sundown.
Recall that Yom Teruah is the Day of the Sounding of the Shofar, or the Day of the Awakening Blast; because teruah means “an awakening blast.” The Hebrews focus on Yom Teruah is every person hearing the shofar. This means that the blessing is to hear the shofar being blown, not actually blow it yourself. The blessing is to shema the shofar.
Shema Yisrael Adonai Eloheinu Adonai Echad (שְׁמַע יִשְׂרָאֵל יְהוָה אֱלֹהֵינוּ יְהוָה אֶחָ) is found in Deuteronomy 6:4. In English, it means “Hear, O Israel; the LORD is our God, the LORD is One.” This first verse of the Shema is considered the most essential declaration of faith for the Jews — the Lord is our God, the Lord is one.
It is followed by one line of text that is traditionally recited in an undertone: Baruch shem kavod malchuto l’olam va-ed (בָּרוּךְ שֵׁם כְּבוֹד מַלְכוּתוֹ לְעוֹלָם וָעֶד). In English, it means Blessed is the name of His glorious kingdom for ever and ever.
The Shema is said to be the watch word of Israel. It is sung during the Jewish people’s evening and morning prayers. It was also sung when approximately six million Jews were being led to their deaths in the Holocaust. They died with the Shema on their lips.
If you ask a Hebrew (one who has crossed over) what’s the meaning of the Shema, one of the typical answers you will hear is: To Shema is to hear, understand, and do; because after Israel is told to hear the Lord is our God and He is one in Deuteronomy 6:4, the passage that follows goes on by giving understanding on how their faith should be lived: Love God with all your being, teach His commandments to your children, impress His words upon your very heart, etc.
To Shema is to hear, understand, and do. If a person does all three steps, they are considered to KNOW that subject. They have followed the leading of the Lord by hearing Him, seeking to understand the Heavenly Father’s perfect will, and then doing whatever is required (obedience). So, when Psalms 89:15 says, “How blessed are the people who KNOW the joyful sound [blast of the shofar],” it is referring to hearing, understanding, and doing the joyful awakening blast.
“With trumpets and the sound of the horn shout joyfully before the King, the Lord (Psalms 98:6 NAS).
Give em heaven!!!
Written September 18, 2020 – Sapphire Throne Ministries – Robin Main. Copyrighted – If you are going to copy this, please copy it right by giving attributions to this source.
• Ascension Manual book => https://www.amazon.com/dp/0578188511
• Understanding the Order of Melchizedek: Complete Series book => https://www.amazon.com/Understanding-Order-Melchizedek-Robin-Main/dp/0998598240/
• MEL GEL Study Guide book => https://www.amazon.com/dp/0578188538/
• MEL GEL Study Guide: Volume 2 book => https://www.amazon.com/dp/0998598232/
• Set of Hebrew Living Letter Flash Cards => https://www.sapphirethroneministries.com/flashcards
• Blazing New Wine of Hanukkah: Bridal Restoration of DNA book => https://www.amazon.com/Blazing-New-Wine-Hanukkah-Understanding-ebook/dp/B010MHNZMK/
• SANTA-TIZING: What’s wrong with Christmas and how to clean it up book => https://www.amazon.com/SANTA-TIZING-Whats-wrong-Christmas-clean/dp/1607911159/ was written to fulfill a vow made to Yeshua’s face to tell the Christian Church that “Christmas will be the Golden Calf of America.” It took 10 years of full-time research, a golden scribe angel and the Spirit’s leading to unearthing His Truth in the sands of time. It covers every argument that you have ever heard about Christmas.
Pingback: GOD’S RESTING PLACE – MIRIAM | sapphirethroneministries