I operate from the premise that if something I am doing does not perfectly please our lovely Heavenly Father (which is the perfect will of God, not the permissive will of God), I want to know in order to correct it. I would suggest that if any STM post provokes you, simply seek Yeshua (Jesus) and our precious Heavenly Father.
This is how the Lord has taught me to test the spirits at work: “Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world. By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God; and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God; this is the spirit of the antichrist, of which you have heard that it is coming, and now it is already in the world” (1 John 4:1-4 NASB).
Please allow me to give you a generalized idea about how I test the spirits to discern if something is of God, or not. First, I take my own thoughts and desires captive to the obedience of Christ through choosing to let go of them and lay them on God’s Altar. I’ve written a more detailed article about this process here => https://sapphirethroneministries.wordpress.com/2013/10/27/victory-over-uncrucified-thoughts/.
Since I have discovered that the idols of my own heart can sound so much like Yeshua’s voice that it can be almost indistinguishable, I also take dominion and authority over all known and unknown idols in me by the Blood of the Lamb before I ask the Lord a question that I want to hear His heart on. Sometimes, I will also add a dangerous prayer where I pray: “Lord, I side with You, even against myself.”
Then, after I hear what I believe is the Messiah Yeshua/Father’s answer, I test the spirits. I will pray something like: “Love, I believe I heard such-and-such. I want to test the spirit of this answer by asking if this spirit confesses that Jesus Christ (Messiah Yeshua) came in the flesh, was born of a virgin, died on the Cross and rose again in 3 days.” I add those details to give myself time to settle down to hear properly. That’s when a person will hear, either “yes,” or “no,” or “maybe.” The only correct answer is “yes,” of course. If you hear static, keep pressing in (asking and seeking) until you know that you know that it’s Yeshua and the Father speaking.
These days I am constantly in the space and place of testing the spirits due my heart’s desire to sincerely seek the Father’s perfect will, like Yeshua did (John 5:19). The Messiah’s Bride operates in the Lord’s perfect will, not His permissive will. Scripture reveals that God’s people will have law-abiding conduct, which translated means that they will remain in His extravagant love. “For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments; and His commandments are not burdensome” (1 John 5:3 nasb). To function in God’s perfect will, we must first discern what it is.
Due to the staggering strength of the delusion involving Christmas, I want to emphasize that I suggest that Christians first lay Christmas on God’s altar; otherwise, you will probably hear the Lord your God through the idols of your own heart. Another helpful hint in discerning the Lord’s perfect will in this regard is: It is best not to ask: “Could I celebrate Christmas?” or “Should I celebrate Christmas?” These types of questions are easily influenced by our desires. I believe that a better approach is to ask Jesus direct questions like: “Do You consider Christmas to be a golden calf?” “Does the mixture of Christmas grieve Your heart?” “Will You require me to lay down Christmas to become part of Your pure and spotless Bride?”
Since I’ve been testing the spirits for years and years and years, it’s become more effortless and seamless, as my heart becomes more like His. Truth be told, I or anyone can be easily misled; therefore, I personally choose that my heart be humble and teachable daily before the Lord. I find that this Davidic standard – a heart after God’s own heart – keeps me on the narrow way that is perfectly pleasing to Him in every way.
BTW – The Lord always encourages me when I test the spirits at work, for “solid food is for the mature, who because of practice have their senses trained to discern good and evil” (Hebrews 5:14 NASB).
Much love & blessings y’all!
Copyright Dec. 6, 2019 – Sapphire Throne Ministries – Robin Main
• Ascension Manual book => https://www.amazon.com/dp/0578188511
• Understanding the Order of Melchizedek: Complete Series book => https://www.amazon.com/Understanding-Order-Melchizedek-Robin-Main/dp/0998598240/
• MEL GEL Study Guide book => https://www.amazon.com/dp/0578188538/
• MEL GEL Study Guide: Volume 2 book => https://www.amazon.com/dp/0998598232/
• Set of Hebrew Living Letter Flash Cards => http://www.sapphirethroneministries.com/art.html
• All STM Resources (usually cheaper than Amazon), including teaching videos => http://www.sapphirethroneministries.com/resources.html
• Blazing New Wine of Hanukkah: Bridal Restoration of DNA book => https://www.amazon.com/Blazing-New-Wine-Hanukkah-Understanding-ebook/dp/B010MHNZMK/
• SANTA-TIZING: What’s wrong with Christmas and how to clean it up book => https://www.amazon.com/SANTA-TIZING-Whats-wrong-Christmas-clean/dp/1607911159/ was written to fulfill a vow made to Yeshua’s face to tell the Christian Church that “Christmas will be the Golden Calf of America.” It took 10 years of full-time research, a golden scribe angel and the Spirit’s leading to unearthing His Truth in the sands of time. It covers every argument that you have ever heard about Christmas.
ART by Orit Martin