“Pesach” is the Hebrew word for PASSOVER, and it literally means “”the lambs.” In Exodus 12, YHVH tells His people to select a lamb for each house on the 10th of Nisan (Aviv) and keep it for four days until the 14th. Later, when the Jews had a Temple, they chose a lamb to die for the sins of the entire nation in addition to a lamb set aside for each household.
The lamb for the nation was led in a huge procession from Bethany to the Temple. The people would wave palm branches and sing Hallel Psalms of Praise, as the chosen unblemished lamb made its way to the Temple courts. Towards the end of the Hallel Psalms we encounter: “Lord, save us (Hosanna), Lord prospers, Blessed is He who comes in the Name of the Lord” (Psalm 118:25-26). On the 10th of Nisan, Yeshua (Jesus) rode into Jerusalem right behind the lamb chosen to die for the sins of the nation. John the Baptist had already proclaimed that Yeshua was “the Lamb of God, who takes away the sins the world” (John 1:29).
After being checked for blemish for 4 days, the Chosen Lamb was led up to the altar at 9 AM (the 3rd hour). At exactly 3 PM (the 9th hour) on the 14th of Nisan, a priest killed the lamb with the words: “It is finished.” Yeshua – The Lamb of God — was tested for blemish for 4 days. None could be found. Then on Passover at 9 AM (the 3rd hour), He was nailed to the cross. Yeshua died at 3 PM (the 9th hour) with the words: “It is finished.”
Scripture tells us that the moment Yeshua died the huge veil of the temple that separated the Holy Place from the Holy of Holies was supernaturally torn in two from top to bottom (Matthew 27:51). During this day’s sacrifice the priests would sing the hallel (Psalms 113-118) over and over until the Chosen Lamb was sacrificed. This day when they got to Psalms 118:19-20 the veil was rent: “Open to me the gates of righteousness: I will go into them, and I will praise the Lord: This gate of the Lord, into which the righteous shall enter.” Yeshua’s sacrifice, as the Lamb of God, made access to the presence of God possible for all who apply His blood by faith.
Therefore, the Messiah fulfilled the following Passover Lamb Observances:
 THE LAMB WAS WITHOUT BLEMISH — Yeshua was examined & found to be without blemish (Matthew 27:24; 1 Peter 1:19).
 THE LAMB WAS A MALE OF THE FIRST YEAR — Yeshua was the firstborn Son of God (Romans 8:29).
 THE LAMB WAS SET ASIDE FOR FOUR DAY ON THE 10TH OF NISAN — Yeshua entered Jerusalem and the Temple on public display for four days on the 10th of Nisan.
 THE PENALTY WAS IMPOSED THE MOMENT THAT THE LAMB WAS CHOSEN — Christ received the death penalty for our sin before He was born (1 Peter 1:19-20).
 THE LAMB WAS KILLED BETWEEN THE EVENINGS AT 3:00 PM — Yeshua died the ninth hour – 3:00 PM (Mark 15:33-37).
 THE LAMB’S BONES WERE NOT BROKEN (Exodus 12:46; Numbers 9:12) — Yeshua’s bones were not broken (Psalm 34:20; John 19:33).
 THE BLOOD OF THE LAMB APPLIED TO THE DOORPOSTS SAVED THE FIRSTBORN —The Blood of the Messiah Yeshua saves us (John 3:16; Hebrews 9:12).
 THE BODY OF THE LAMB MUST BE EATEN THE SAME NIGHT (Exodus 12:8) — Yeshua was crucified and died the same night (John 19:30-42).
~ Robin Main
Copyright April 7, 2014 – Sapphire Throne Ministries – Robin Main
• HOW MY FAMILY CELEBRATES PASSOVER => https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=811455155549971&set=a.503516173010539.126287.100000564821618&type=1&theater
• BEHOLD, THE PASSOVER LAMB OF GOD => https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=658713544201143&set=a.436008649804968.101323.436004819805351&type=1&theater
• GENERAL GUIDELINES FOR CELEBRATING PASSOVER => https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=659086317497199&set=a.436008649804968.101323.436004819805351&type=1&theater
• SIMPLE SEDER – SUGGESTION #1 ON HOW TO CELEBRATE PASSOVER => https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=659161624156335&set=a.436008649804968.101323.436004819805351&type=1&theater
• TRADITIONAL 18-STEP SEDER – SUGGESTION #2 ON HOW TO CELEBRATE PASSOVER => https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=659591097446721&set=a.436008649804968.101323.436004819805351&type=1&theater
• COMPLETE PASSOVER STORY (HAGGADAH) – SUGGESTION #3 ON HOW TO CELEBRATE PASSOVER => https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=660313870707777&set=a.436008649804968.101323.436004819805351&type=1&theater
- “Ascension Manual” book => https://www.amazon.com/dp/0578188511
- “Understanding the Order of Melchizedek: Complete Series” book => https://www.amazon.com/Understanding-Order-Melchizedek-Robin-Main/dp/0998598240/
- “MEL GEL Study Guide” book => https://www.amazon.com/dp/0578188538/
- “MEL GEL Study Guide: Volume 2” book => https://www.amazon.com/dp/0998598232/
- “SANTA-TIZING: What’s wrong with Christmas and how to clean it up” book => https://www.amazon.com/SANTA-TIZING-Whats-wrong-Christmas-clean/dp/1607911159/
- Set of Hebrew Living Letter Flash Cards => http://www.sapphirethroneministries.com/art.html
- All STM Resources (usually cheaper than Amazon), including teaching videos => http://www.sapphirethroneministries.com/resources.html