As believers in the Lord Jesus Christ, most of us have been conditioned to be hyper-sensitive about moving into “righteousness by works.” Personally, I think that the pendulum has swung so far the other way through “hyper-grace” that we should become sensitive about not being righteous in the way that we think we are.
Let’s bring some balance to this righteousness pendulum. First, Scripture tells us that righteousness is not a pendulum, but a plumb line: “Therefore thus says the Lord GOD: ‘Behold, I lay in Zion a stone for a foundation, A tried stone, a precious cornerstone, a sure foundation; Whoever believes will not act hastily. Also I will make justice the measuring line, And RIGHTEOUSNESS THE PLUMMET; The hail will sweep away the refuge of lies, And the waters will overflow the hiding place” (Isaiah 28:16-17 NKJV).
A plummet is a plumb line. It’s a picture of a lead weight attached to a line, which is used to indicate a vertical direction. It’s a line directed to the center of our earth to determine if it is true. To righteously plumb something is to measure the depth of it thoroughly with the plumb of Zion to see if it is exactly vertical or true in God’s eyes. No wonder that “righteousness” is both the foundation and habitation of God’s Throne (Psalm 97:2). Please refer to CLIMBING HIS PLUMB LINE => https://sapphirethroneministries.wordpress.com/2013/10/27/climb-the-frequency-of-his-plumb-line-righteousness/.
Now add to that fact that righteous is a title for those operating in the fullness of the Order of Melchizedek to get a hint as to why “righteousness” stirs up so much controversy. It’s virtually the essence of establishing the Kingdom of God. BTW – The first Melchizedek is simply a type and shadow for the kings of peace and righteousness that will be made after the Order of Melchizedek (Hebrews 7:2).
The eternal priesthood of the Order of Melchizedek is the predecessor of the Bride of Christ. Each Melchizedek king and priest must lead their own inner fire bride forth. What clothes the Bride? Righteousness. “‘Let us rejoice and be glad and give the glory to Him, for the marriage of the Lamb has come and HIS BRIDE has made herself ready,’ it was given to her TO CLOTHE HERSELF IN FINE LINEN, BRIGHT AND CLEAN; for the fine linen IS THE RIGHTEOUS ACTS OF THE SAINTS (Revelation 19:7-8 NASB).
Please always remember that the Hebraic root to the word “righteousness” means “TO BE;” therefore, righteousness is all about a Righteous State of Being. Work never proceeds one’s righteous state of being. It’s an outflow where a person is not a hypocrite. Their actions line up with their words. Even though our righteousness in Christ is 100% in heavenly places when we are seated at the right hand of Father in Christ, Second Corinthians 5:21 tells us that in our earthly condition that we are becoming (or being made) the righteousness of God in Christ. Have you ever considered that Matthew 6:33 would not say seek first His righteousness, if righteousness was not something that we needed to search for?
If Paul declared toward the end of his ministry that he needed to press on toward the goal of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus, it’s a really good indication that this is something believers still need to do too. We need to strive to enter His rest, which is fully becoming the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus here on earth, as it is in heaven. When we look at the heavenly position, which is the goal of our upward call, we are the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus. When each of us look at our own manifest earthly condition in this regard most, if not all of us, currently fall short. In this Kingdom Day, this perfect work of us fully becoming the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus will happen.
Please don’t beat yourself up or get into a perfectionist mode. I’ve seen too many people disqualify themselves from the Bridal Race (course) by them being too tough on themselves. “Perfect” in this context means to set out for a definite point or goal. It’s the point aimed at as a limit. That limit is our beautiful Lord of Love, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.
Let us all embrace the great grace provided by His Blood and climb heavenly heights that will result in our being made into His glorious image.
~ Robin Main
Copyright January 3, 2015 – Sapphire Throne Ministries – Robin Main
ART by JeWelL.
Please support this glorious prophetic artist!
• HAVE WE ALREADY BEEN MADE THE RIGHTEOUSNESS OF GOD IN CHRIST? => https://sapphirethroneministries.wordpress.com/2013/11/27/have-we-already-been-made-the-righteousness-of-god-in-christ/
• CLIMBING HIS PLUMB LINE => https://sapphirethroneministries.wordpress.com/2013/10/27/climb-the-frequency-of-his-plumb-line-righteousness/
• THE BRIDAL MESSAGE OF RIGHTEOUSNESS & PULLING PEOPLE OUT OF THE FIRE – PART 1 => https://www.facebook.com/SapphireThroneMinistries/photos/a.436008649804968.101323.436004819805351/565197966886035/?type=3&theater
• THE BRIDAL MESSAGE OF RIGHTEOUSNESS & PULLING PEOPLE OUT OF THE FIRE – PART 2 => https://www.facebook.com/SapphireThroneMinistries/photos/a.436008649804968.101323.436004819805351/565865480152617/?type=3&theater
• Ascension Manual book => https://www.amazon.com/dp/0578188511
• Understanding the Order of Melchizedek: Complete Series book => https://www.amazon.com/Understanding-Order-Melchizedek-Robin-Main/dp/0998598240/
• MEL GEL Study Guide book => https://www.amazon.com/dp/0578188538/
• MEL GEL Study Guide: Volume 2 book => https://www.amazon.com/dp/0998598232/
• Set of Hebrew Living Letter Flash Cards => http://www.sapphirethroneministries.com/art.html
• All STM Resources (usually cheaper than Amazon), including teaching videos => http://www.sapphirethroneministries.com/resources.html
• SANTA-TIZING: What’s wrong with Christmas and how to clean it up book => https://www.amazon.com/SANTA-TIZING-Whats-wrong-Christmas-clean/dp/1607911159/