Picture a bride – the Bride of Christ – looking in a mirror. She turns her back on the mirror to gaze at her soon coming Bridegroom. She turns away from self and her own reflection. A dear friend of mine saw this today, as we were praying. It reminded me of a picture portrayed in the Laver in the Outer Court of God’s Tabernacle.
Holiness and sanctity was the purpose behind the priests washing their hands and feet in the Laver that was placed between the Tent of Meeting and the Brazen Alter. Many Bibles call the temple laver the Bronze Laver, but that’s a misnomer. It was actually made of copper.
By sanctifying their appendages, it symbolized the total devotion of the priest’s service. It set apart their acts as righteous. Exodus 30:19 indicates that the priest’s hands and feet had to be washed at the same time – “their hands together with their feet.” Consequently, the right hand was placed on the priest’s right foot and washed together at the same time, followed by his left hand together with his left foot. Concentration and balance was key to accomplishing this hand-foot sanctification feat.
The laver was not made of copper from the regular contributions. The laver was made exclusively from the brightly polished sheets of copper that women used as mirrors in Egypt (Exodus 38:8). When the call went out for freewill contributions, devout women, who used to come to Moses’ tent to sit at his feet like Mary did with Jesus, came with their copper mirrors and piled them up at Moses’ dwelling, which was God’s Tent of Meeting prior to building the Tabernacle (Exodus 33:7). Moses was said to be reluctant to accept such a gift for God’s Tabernacle. The story goes that Moses was afraid these mirrors were connected to lust, but God told Moses that he was wrong, because these very mirrors had been instrumental in saving His nation. In Egypt, when the men came home exhausted every night from their heavy labors, their wives used these mirrors to get all dolled up so they could continue normal marital relations. Thanks to these brightly polished copper mirrors, legions of children were born.
God not only told Moses to accept these precious mirrors, but they were to be used exclusively to fabricate the laver. Scripture doesn’t specify the size of the laver due to the fact that every single mirror had to go into fashioning it, no matter how big it would become. These mirrors were that sacred in God’s eyes. From then-on-out, these devout women could no longer gaze upon themselves with any vanity in their own mirror. They had to fix their eyes upon the laver to see themselves. One aspect of the Copper Laver is that it represents bridal lovers fixing their eyes on the Author and Perfecter of their faith (Heb 12:2) as well as His living water flowing wherever they go in what they do.
Won’t you join these bridal candidates in freely giving up any vain thing (looking as self and one’s own reflection)? Let us turn and see the King of Kings – the Lover of our souls. When we behold Him, we will become like Him.
~ Robin Main
Written January 30, 2015 – Sapphire Throne Ministries – Robin Main. Copyrighted – If you are going to copy this, please copy it right by giving attributions to this source.
• Ascension Manual book => https://www.amazon.com/dp/0578188511
• Understanding the Order of Melchizedek: Complete Series book => https://www.amazon.com/Understanding-Order-Melchizedek-Robin-Main/dp/0998598240/
• MEL GEL Study Guide book => https://www.amazon.com/dp/0578188538/
• MEL GEL Study Guide: Volume 2 book => https://www.amazon.com/dp/0998598232/
• Set of Hebrew Living Letter Flash Cards => https://www.sapphirethroneministries.com/flashcards
• Blazing New Wine of Hanukkah: Bridal Restoration of DNA book => https://www.amazon.com/Blazing-New-Wine-Hanukkah-Understanding-ebook/dp/B010MHNZMK/
• SANTA-TIZING: What’s wrong with Christmas and how to clean it up book => https://www.amazon.com/SANTA-TIZING-Whats-wrong-Christmas-clean/dp/1607911159/ was written to fulfill a vow made to Yeshua’s face to tell the Christian Church that “Christmas will be the Golden Calf of America.” It took 10 years of full-time research, a golden scribe angel and the Spirit’s leading to unearthing His Truth in the sands of time. It covers every argument that you have ever heard about Christmas.