There are three great harvest feasts in the Bible. The Feast of Tabernacles – Sukkot – is the third, final and biggest harvest season of Israel’s agricultural year.
During the annual harvest cycle, Is-real experiences a picture of the Lord as the God of increase. In the spring of the year at Passover, which is the first feast of the first month, an offering of first fruits of barley is waved before the Lord as a prophetic declaration that God will provide for the coming year. The First Fruits Offering was accompanied with a burnt offering of one male lamb (Leviticus 23:12). Significantly, the Feast of First Fruits (Bikkurim) is the literal day that Yeshua (Jesus) rose from the dead as the “firstborn among many brethren” (Romans 8:29).
The second harvest feast in a Biblical Year is the wheat harvest of Pentecost fifty days later during the third month. Two loaves of bread are waved before the Lord accompanied with a sacrifice of seven lambs (Leviticus 23:17-18). Pentecost is the literal day when the Torah (first five books of the Bible) and the Holy Spirit in the upper room was given. This portrays where true worshippers worship the Father in spirit and in truth (John 4:23-24).
The third harvest ripens around the Feast of Tabernacles. This vital harvest in God’s Land produces the oil and wine. “Fullness” is connected to this harvest of grain, wine and oil as well as the heave offering – terumah (Numbers 18:27). Yeshua is our heave offering – a wholehearted contribution. The Body of Christ will follow the Head in all ways including the terumah. Our Beloved Messiah taught that the terumah offering that Moses gave in Numbers 18:25-31 was essentially a willing heart. Therefore, the congregation of the Living God is formed by having a willing heart or being wholehearted in having a heart to do the perfect will of the Father.
~ Robin Main
Written September 30, 2015 – Sapphire Throne Ministries – Robin Main. Copyrighted – If you are going to copy this, please copy it right by giving attributions to this source.
• Ascension Manual book => https://www.amazon.com/dp/0578188511
• Understanding the Order of Melchizedek: Complete Series book => https://www.amazon.com/Understanding-Order-Melchizedek-Robin-Main/dp/0998598240/
• MEL GEL Study Guide book => https://www.amazon.com/dp/0578188538/
• MEL GEL Study Guide: Volume 2 book => https://www.amazon.com/dp/0998598232/
• SANTA-TIZING: What’s wrong with Christmas and how to clean it up book => https://www.amazon.com/SANTA-TIZING-Whats-wrong-Christmas-clean/dp/1607911159/
• Set of Hebrew Living Letter Flash Cards => https://www.sapphirethroneministries.com/flashcards
ART: “The Parable Of The Good Samaritan” by Susan Minteer