I have run into several individuals who seem to think that Jesus Christ being the High Priest of the Order of Melchizedek negates the reality of people entering into this order. I chalk this up to religious orders not being a common thing these days.
First, please allow me to make it perfectly clear that Yeshua Ha Machiah (Jesus Christ) is the only High Priest of the Order of Melchizedek; and therefore, its Head (Hebrews 2:17; 4:14-15; 5:1,5,10; 6;20; 7:26; 8:1; 9:11; 10:21).
“Melchizedek” is more of a title than a name. When Scripture says that Yeshua has been “called of God a High Priest after the Order of Melchizedek” (Hebrews 5:10), a group of people united in a formal way under the banner of the “Order of Melchizedek” is implied. Groups like the Order of Saint John may not be very familiar to many of us in our day, but various religious orders where people have been required to take solemn vows have existed for a very long time… probably since the days of Genesis 14. These have been communities under a religious rule. In Genesis 14’s case, it was the King of Righteousness’s rule. It was this man who was also a priest of Most High God that ruled Salem, which was the predecessor of Jerusalem.
Wherever we find the term “kings and priests” in the Word of God, it’s connected to the first occurrence of “Melchizedek,” because fundamentally Scripture tells us that the Genesis 14 Melchizedek was both a priest and king.
Just like the Order of St. John is an order of chivalry, so is the Order of Melchizedek an order of perfection. If you study all the occurrences of the word “perfection” in Scripture, you get a picture of PERFECT talking about completion, accomplishment or consummation of something, especially in character — being complete in labor, complete in growth, complete in mental character and complete morally. In the Greek (Strong’s 5046), it speaks of a full age or mature man, which is the manifestation of the sons of God spoken of in Romans 8:19. At its root, PERFECT in Scripture speaks of setting out for a definite point or goal – to be just like Jesus – and its fulfillment to the uttermost.
~ Robin Main
Copyright December 5, 2016 – Sapphire Throne Ministries – Robin Main
• Ascension Manual book => https://www.amazon.com/dp/0578188511
• Understanding the Order of Melchizedek: Complete Series book => https://www.amazon.com/Understanding-Order-Melchizedek-Robin-Main/dp/0998598240/
• MEL GEL Study Guide book => https://www.amazon.com/dp/0578188538/
• MEL GEL Study Guide: Volume 2 book => https://www.amazon.com/dp/0998598232/
• Set of Hebrew Living Letter Flash Cards => http://www.sapphirethroneministries.com/art.html
• All STM Resources (usually cheaper than Amazon), including teaching videos => http://www.sapphirethroneministries.com/resources.html
• Blazing New Wine of Hanukkah: Bridal Restoration of DNA book => https://www.amazon.com/Blazing-New-Wine-Hanukkah-Understanding-ebook/dp/B010MHNZMK/
• SANTA-TIZING: What’s wrong with Christmas and how to clean it up book => https://www.amazon.com/SANTA-TIZING-Whats-wrong-Christmas-clean/dp/1607911159/
ART: “He is Coming” by YoonSoo Nam
Please support this gifted artist!