ALL WHO ARE THIRSTY COME! Hoshanah Rabbah (The Great Salvation)
Today is the seventh day of the Feast of the LORD called Sukkot (i.e. The Feast of Tabernacles). It’s called “Hoshana Rabbah” in Hebrew, which literally means the great hosanna or great salvation or numerous praise.
Although much of this day has been overtaken by the traditions of man, I’d like to point out one age-old foundation. During the Feast of Tabernacles, Isaiah 12:3 was often quoted, as it is written, “Therefore with joy you will draw water from the wells of salvation.” Sukkot is known for being “the season of our joy.”
I’d like to first point out that Jesus had an Aramaic name when He literally walked the earth. This Aramaic name was Yeshua. In Hebrew, Yeshua means “salvation.” Second, I’d like us to examine the water pouring ceremony related to this festival. Even though the water pouring ceremony is not in the Torah (first five books of the Bible that Yeshua says if we believe in Moses & what he wrote about the Messiah, then we would believe in Salvation (Yeshua) – John 5:46-47), I bring it up because Yeshua stood on the day of Hoshana Rabbah during Sukkot and said, “If anyone is thirsty, let him come to Me and drink. He who believes in Me, as the Scripture said, ‘From his innermost being [heart] will flow rivers of living water.’ ” (John 7:37-38 NAS).
When Yeshua proclaimed, “If anyone is thirsty, let him come to Me and drink,” the water pouring ceremony was different than the previous six days. The previous six days the priests circled God’s Altar in a procession singing Psalm 118:25 “Save now, I pray, O Lord; O Lord, I pray, send now prosperity.” But on the seventh day of the Feast of Tabernacles, it was the people, not the priests, which circled the Altar seven times, as they cried, “Save now!” seven times. This is why the day is called Hoshanah Rabbah – the Great Salvation. Spiritually speaking, there’s a link between water and the pouring out of His Holy Spirit. Remember when Yeshua told the woman at the well to drink of living water (John 4:7-14)? When Is-real circles His Altar today, we return to the ancient place of Isaiah 44:1-3: “Yet hear now, O Jacob My servant, And Israel whom I have chosen. Thus says the Lord who made you And formed you from the womb, who will help you: ‘Fear not, O Jacob My servant; And you, Jeshurun, whom I have chosen. For I will pour water on him who is thirsty, And floods on the dry ground; I will pour My Spirit on your descendants, And My blessing on your offspring.”
So… literally on this day God’s people circled His Altar and cried out “Save now! Send prosperity now!” seven times. Therefore, rise up today and cry out for your spiritual breakthrough! Rise up Spirit of the Living God! Be poured out beyond measure! Rise up His people turn your hearts fully to HIM! And receive His goodness flowing…
~ Robin Main
Copyright September 25, 2013 – Sapphire Throne Ministries – Robin Main
• Ascension Manual book => https://www.amazon.com/dp/0578188511
• Understanding the Order of Melchizedek: Complete Series book => https://www.amazon.com/Understanding-Order-Melchizedek-Robin-Main/dp/0998598240/
• MEL GEL Study Guide book => https://www.amazon.com/dp/0578188538/
• MEL GEL Study Guide: Volume 2 book => https://www.amazon.com/dp/0998598232/
• Set of Hebrew Living Letter Flash Cards => http://www.sapphirethroneministries.com/art.html
• All STM Resources (usually cheaper than Amazon), including teaching videos => http://www.sapphirethroneministries.com/resources.html
• Blazing New Wine of Hanukkah: Bridal Restoration of DNA book => https://www.amazon.com/Blazing-New-Wine-Hanukkah-Understanding-ebook/dp/B010MHNZMK/
• SANTA-TIZING: What’s wrong with Christmas and how to clean it up book => https://www.amazon.com/SANTA-TIZING-Whats-wrong-Christmas-clean/dp/1607911159/ w