There was a good and just man who was the only one to have charge of the burial of the Body of Jesus. His story holds some kingdom keys for us today on how to prepare the crucified Body of Christ for the ultimate redemption of our Body.
KEYS TO THE REDEMPTION OF OUR BODY – PART 1
If we take a close look at the account of Yeshua’s crucifixion in Mark 15, we see an honorable gentleman who was a member of the Sanhedrin (the supreme council or court in ancient Israel) – Joseph of Arimathaea. While Matthew 27:57 tells us he was a rich man, John 19:38 reveals that he was a secret disciple of Jesus. Luke 23:50 also declares him to be a good and just man.
Significantly, we are told that Joseph of Arimathaea was a man who waited for the Kingdom of God and craved the body of Jesus (Mark 15:43).
The word “waited” carries a whole lot more meaning than merely tarrying. We can interpret that Joseph of Arimathaea “waited for the Kingdom of God” several different ways:  He received to his own self the Kingdom of God.  He was admitted into the Kingdom of God.  He gave access to the Kingdom of God within Himself.  He was received into an intimate Kingdom of God relationship and companionship.  He was received as one coming from the Kingdom of God place.  He accepted the Kingdom of God.  He expected the fulfillment of the promises of the Kingdom of God.
The name “Joseph” means “let him add.” When we combine the meaning of Joseph’s name and the previous expansion of the concept of “waited for the Kingdom of God,” Isaiah 9:7 comes to mind, because God’s Kingdom and His government are synonymous: “Of the increase of His government and peace There will be no end, Upon the throne of David and over His kingdom, To order it and establish it with judgment and justice From that time forward, even forever. The zeal of the Lord of hosts will perform this.”
This just man who waited for the Kingdom of God and craved the body of Jesus speaks to me of “we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the REDEMPTION OF OUR BODY” (Romans 8:23 KJV). Recall that the Bible tells us that “we, being many, are one body in Christ, and individually members of one another” (Romans 12:5 NKJV).
So this good and just man who was the only one to have charge of the burial of the Body of Jesus holds some kingdom keys for us today on how to prepare the crucified Body of Christ for the ultimate redemption of our Body. “So Joseph bought some linen cloth, took down the body, wrapped it in the linen, and placed it in a tomb cut out of rock. Then he rolled a stone against the entrance of the tomb” (Mark 15:46 NIV). Notice that the crucified Body of Christ was wrapped in fine linen, and placed in a tomb carved out of rock with a stone for its door.
1. Fine Linen – Rev 19 speaks of two companies that are arrayed in fine linen:  The Bride of Christ, the wife of the Lamb (Revelation 19:7-8; Revelation 21:9, 2-3) and  The armies which were in heaven who follow One whose garment is dipped in blood and His name is called the Word of God (Revelation 19:13-14). It’s important to note that Rev 19:8 points out that the clean and white fine linen that arrays the wife of the Lamb is the righteous acts of the saints.
2. Tomb hewn out of Rock – The Church (i.e. the called out “ekklessia” – the Legislative Assembly of the Lord) is built upon the rock (Matt 16:18), which is Christ (1 Corinthians 10:4). It’s noteworthy that Matt 7:24 equates a wise man who built his house on the rock to whoever hears His words and does them. Wise virgins should probably take note (Matthew 25:1-13).
3. Stone for the Tomb’s Door – The entrance to Yeshua’s tomb was blocked by a stone, which the angels rolled away for His Resurrected Body. Understand that the word for “stone” in Hebrew is a contraction of two words: 1) av = father, 2) ben = son. Therefore, a stone is a picture of the Father and Son being so integrated that you can’t seem to figure out where one begins and another ends. It’s their essence of ONENESS, as proclaimed in John 17:21. Therefore, as we dwell with Him, He twists and rolls us together into One – One Body (Ephesians 1:10; Ephesians 4:4). For more information on the “stone” kingdom concept, please see the http://facebook.com/SapphireThroneMinistries post on 07-19-13.
Published via http://facebook.com/SapphireThroneMinistries and copyrighted on 08-14-2013. All rights reserved.
~ Robin Main
Copyright August 14, 2013 – Sapphire Throne Ministries – Robin Main
- Ascension Manual book => https://www.amazon.com/dp/0578188511
- Understanding the Order of Melchizedek book => https://www.amazon.com/Understanding-Order-Melchizedek-Robin-Main/dp/0998598240/
- MEL GEL Study Guide book => https://www.amazon.com/dp/0578188538/
- MEL GEL Study Guide: Volume 2 book => https://www.amazon.com/dp/0998598232/
- Set of Hebrew Living Letter Flash Cards => http://www.sapphirethroneministries.com/art.html
- SANTA-TIZING: What’s wrong with Christmas and how to clean it up book => https://www.amazon.com/SANTA-TIZING-Whats-wrong-Christmas-clean/dp/1607911159/